Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jes

People Who Have Evil Eyes

10 posts in this topic

what is concept of evil eyes, and how to deal with people who actually target you with their words , and evil eyes .An incidence happened to me today , my uncle was trying to repeatedly discuss my success for no reason  , I got that success a year back, I may be wrong ,but I found he is exaggerating situation , What i did was, I was mindful at the time and was concentrating on breathing.Any one tell me how to deal with people like him

3 minutes ago, Mal said:

@jes

Hi jes,

Please seek out a therapist.

There's really no need to act like that, man (woman?). It's obvious that English isn't this person's first language and they're probably just doing a poor job of conveying their thoughts for this reason. Not because they need therapy. Not trying to tell you what to say or how to act, I just want to see this place remain positive and helpful. Much love. 

@ChimpBrain

Hi there,

Therapy can provide a person who has not had the best start in life with a good set of tools on how to approach problem situations in life. 

I myself have had therapy, and hold the process in high esteem. 

My comment was not intended as judgmental or negative, in fact it's profoundly positive.

I think my problem was that I didn't provide the background context (which I usually do), so one liners are susceptible to catching the negative projections of others.

Warmly

Mal

Edit - P.S. - yes, I am male :)

Edited by Mal

1 hour ago, Mal said:

@ChimpBrain

Hi there,

Therapy can provide a person who has not had the best start in life with a good set of tools on how to approach problem situations in life. 

I myself have had therapy, and hold the process in high esteem. 

My comment was not intended as judgmental or negative, in fact it's profoundly positive.

I think my problem was that I didn't provide the background context (which I usually do), so one liners are susceptible to catching the negative projections of others.

Warmly

Mal

Edit - P.S. - yes, I am male :)

In that case my apologies, I just misinterpreted your post. I should take the "don't make assumptions" portion of The Four Agreements a little more seriously shouldn't I lol! I thought you were being dismissive and/or condescending. Again my apologies! 

11 hours ago, jes said:

what is concept of evil eyes, and how to deal with people who actually target you with their words , and evil eyes .An incidence happened to me today , my uncle was trying to repeatedly discuss my success for no reason  , I got that success a year back, I may be wrong ,but I found he is exaggerating situation , What i did was, I was mindful at the time and was concentrating on breathing.Any one tell me how to deal with people like him

Well, what is the interpretation of "evil eyes"? Someone is angry and enraged.

What I don't understand is why he was angry or enraged because of your success? Why did it make him angry?

Can you tell me?

@ChimpBrain

1 hour ago, ChimpBrain said:

In that case my apologies, I just misinterpreted your post. I should take the "don't make assumptions" portion of The Four Agreements a little more seriously shouldn't I lol! I thought you were being dismissive and/or condescending. Again my apologies! 

There is no need to apologize as I did not take offence.

Mal

P.S. - I read jes's other 18 texts here and responded to his/her assumptions and language structure.  Poor vocabulary has nothing to do with it

Edited by Mal

15 hours ago, jes said:

I'm not quite understanding. Do you mean that he was jealous of your success? Or do you mean that he was putting you down for your successes or insulting you for them? Or do you mean he was bragging about you to others and it made you uncomfortable and you didn't know what to say? 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

4 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I'm not quite understanding. Do you mean that he was jealous of your success? Or do you mean that he was putting you down for your successes or insulting you for them? Or do you mean he was bragging about you to others and it made you uncomfortable and you didn't know what to say? 

He was Bragging about me , That made me uncomfortable for while ,Thanks 

I am sorry guys for my language , Yes English is not my first language

7 hours ago, jes said:

He was Bragging about me , That made me uncomfortable for while ,Thanks 

I am sorry guys for my language , Yes English is not my first language

In that case, I recommend to just say thank you and to be sure to say things that underplay your successes. Like "Thank you for the compliment Uncle ... But he really exaggerates about me..." or (jokingly laughing it off) "you're making me blush." Either way, the tone you want to put out there is grateful and confident but modest. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org