Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

Confused about Terence Mckenna's place on the Spiral

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Recently, like many others apparently, I came across many videos of old speeches from Terence Mckenna. That made me look him up on this forum and it turns out that you guys are well aware of him. However, Leo put him both on the Green and Turquoise list. That made me confused.

I heard Terence talk about stuff like ''the truth requires no belief'' so that made me think that he is Turquoise.

Well, what do I know. I have never done psychedelics and quickly clicked on ''uninterested'' on all those videos. I don't see how he could help me. What are your thoughts about this?

I really enjoy his insights, perspective on things and his stories. I haven't done psychedelics and am less interested when he talks about his methods, but a lot of his talks have a lot more to them than just that. He was incredibly well educated and his curious attitude toward life and love of nature are interesting regardless of the methods used. If you've given his talks a chance and they don't appeal to you, that's fine, there are plenty of wonderful teachers out there with a wide range of perspectives and different styles of sharing them. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

He's a bit of a wild man and a prankster, I wouldn't try too hard to classify him specifically. If you don't vibe with his talks, no worries, move on. He's not required reading by any means, but he can be really entertaining and had some pretty great ideas mixed in with some pretty wacky ideas.

He was more of a fantastical storyteller than some kind of spiritual teacher, and I reckon he'd have agreed wholeheartedly with that statement.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Green/Yellow with touches of Turquoise from his deepest trips.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, outlandish said:

He was more of a fantastical storyteller than some kind of spiritual teacher, and I reckon he'd have agreed wholeheartedly with that statement.

But fantastical stories can be great teachers. :)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost