Jesus Daniel

Will my drug abuse be detrimental towards Enlightenment Work?

7 posts in this topic

So I’ve had a trip with 5-MEO-DMT (Bufo Alvarius venom) earlier, and as my heart was beating fast and my ego tried to reject it, I let it happen and went deep into a therapy-meditation state, as one half of my head felt iluminated, the other half felt like it was dimmed down. I saw light, lots of light in one half of my head. The other part was dimmed down. As that happened, I was hit with a memory of a day where I was doing a lot of drugs and alcohol at once, while a voice was telling me “See? There ARE repercussions”. When I heard that voice I also associated the dimming with my frequent cannabis use. Since today I proposed not to smoke.

I don’t do drugs apart from cannabis now

My question is, could my cannabis use have caused this? Does it dim you down? 

I must mention I am 18 years old and been smoking since 16 almost daily. 

One time I did so much DMT that at half trip, I felt this phenomenon, one half of my brain felt fine while the other half felt tripped out, with one eye I was seeing things normally while in the other It was all distorted and trippy. My Friends looked at me and told me that I “Did not look so good”. I also associated that. 

I am scared that I might have dimmed down my brain’s potential, and that it may never come back. But that’s just a fear. Can I somehow recover? Is this permanent? Would love to hear people’s thoughts on this. 

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Jesus Daniel

Im speachless that you even ask the question. It´s a well known fact that frequent use of cannabis before the body has fully matured is damaging. Dont believe me, look it up for yourself. 
So YES! Please quit it at least when you´re so young.

@Jesus Daniel hi Jesus, nice to meet you. The side your probably talking about "dimming" is your left brain which controls logic, reasoning, math, language etc. The right brain is responsible for creativity, imagination, awareness etc. 

959966.jpg?w=435&ssl=1 

There is actually quite a bit of significance to this. There have been repeated cases where individuals have had some sort of damage take place in the left hemisphere of their brain, and as a result they have a spiritual experience of sorts. Below is a test talk with a woman who literally had a stroke because of something in her left brain, and as a result she felt expansive and one with everything. She's also a brain surgeon I think or something. Not only this, but *I myself* have had a direct experience of this. I have what is called a "low grade glioma" in my "left temporal lobe"...or in layman's terms, I've got a benign brain tumor in the left side of my head. Luckily, it only caused me a few seizures before I grew older and bigger and my skull had more room to allow it's presence safely. Now it does nothing. But after I had a second seizure...it felt like everything was brand new. My consciousness had been boosted dramatically and unintentionally. And within 4 years I discovered the path. 

The first piece of advice I'd give to you is this, if you are in any way worried at all about your health (especially regarding your fuckin brain) go get yourself checked. You don't need to tell them about the drugs. It's important. While your in this form, play by the rules of this form. Get yourself checked out.

****Now, this is probably another very very important point. *WEED IS WORSE THAN PEOPLE THINK*. It makes you feel incredibly anxious (of course it's an invisible anxiety), it *IS* cognitively addictive...very much so. And also, it makes you feel overall worse and worse and worse. It's the same with any other regular addictive substance/experience that releases dopamine into your brain. Gambling, sex, smoking etc. 

Not only that, but researchers have said that there is 4 times the amount of tar in a weed smokers lungs compared to that of a ciggy smoker. And that tar causes lung cancer.

Weed is not ok to smoke every day, at all. This was also my experience with marijuana. I smoked every day for a few years. My diet was all fucked up to. 

And by the way mate, youve gotta be honest with yourself. When. I started using psychedelics, I just used actualized.org and Leo's teachings as an excuse to get fucked up. I perverted Leo's pointings. Just be sure your taking the likes of DMT, with the sole purpose of finding truth. If drugs are a problem for you, then just stop it mate. Seriously, you can get fucked up. Just stop. I remember I couldn't get out of bed at one point because of drugs. I was a shivering wreck. Just watch and see how hard it is to stop smoking grass...that'll show you that it's more than just something you have, it starts to have *you*. I've stopped everything except DMT. And that's only to discover god. 

One positive point, obviously the DMT has helped you realise that you don't need other drugs. Very good

@Aaron p  It was actually the right part of my brain that felt dimmed down. It supports the association with cannabis use even more, since I’ve seen that cannabis doesn’t let the brain fully develop. I was seeing that even when you are 21, your frontal lobe on the right side is still developing. I might get myself checked soon. 

I will leave it for a while and see if that changes the 5-MEO experience. 

DE04A06A-B43F-4A60-94DE-E9A24C22CF48.jpeg

@Jesus Daniel interesting, i havent done much research into what happens in that case. it could be completely unrelated. Well anyway, have a word with a doctor just get checked...and then if you're sweet go ahead with the weighed and tested 5-MeO-DMT

13 hours ago, Jesus Daniel said:

I must mention I am 18 years old and been smoking since 16 almost daily. 

At a physical level, that can effect how your brain develops. Yet I wouldn't freak out about it. Creating a new thought story that I messed up my brain is just a thought story - which can also have a negative impact. 

Give your brain a break. Instead of smoking cannabis daily, cut down to once a week, or take a few months off. There may be some underlying issues you may want to work through. As well, provide nutrients to your brain. Healthy food, low stress, exercise, yoga, meditation, time in nature etc.  Your subconscious is trying to tell you to chill out with the cannabis and to treat your mind with love. . . Not to get online and spending hours looking at brain scans and creating a new story/identity that there is structural brain alterations.