Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Dissolved Ego and Fitting into Society

4 posts in this topic

I feel like my spiritual practices are turning me into a robot (from society's POV).

I don't enjoy pop culture music at all anymore - and this is because the part of my ego that got enjoyment from pop culture has literally dissolved. Not even spiritual ones, because lets face it - people who listen to spiritual music are doing it because they have spiritual egos. 

I don't have any interests anymore... because the part of the ego that entertained them has dissolved...

All I do these days is hang out in the present moment and connect with the deep love inside consciousness and try to actualize it.

This is making my family, girlfriend, colleagues and other people in society very disturbed. They think I'm a robot. 

And I get what they mean, I'm so detached from pop culture it seems like it.

How do you guys go with fitting into society? What's life like for you? How do you fit into society even though there is not enough ego to enjoy the things pop culture enjoys?

I mean, pop culture sucks and all, but where you're at is a trap. Enjoy life man

41 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

This is what I am going through at the moment. But fuck what they think, they like to indulge in the shallower aspects of life. They don't care about depth, they care about fitting in and surviving. That is perfectly fine. Each to their own. You do you, enjoy what you do, let the passion of life flow through you. 

Follow your bliss, my passions are spirituality and wildlife medicine, I have other hobbies but generally, my focus' are limited. I have this as a grounding and in generall it allows me to connect with people more. Every person has a unique story to tell, be interested in what they have to say. You don't have to dismay other perspectives because yours is so different. 

Also, surround yourself by people who have similar values, this means you don't feel like the odd one out. Sometimes you can feel very isolated when you only interact with people as stage orange or below in spiral dynamics. Find people who are at your level and above so you have some ideal to work towards and that can guide you.

Maybe get a new girlfriend/friends

Edited by ROOBIO

49 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I feel like my spiritual practices are turning me into a robot (from society's POV).

I don't enjoy pop culture music at all anymore - and this is because the part of my ego that got enjoyment from pop culture has literally dissolved. Not even spiritual ones, because lets face it - people who listen to spiritual music are doing it because they have spiritual egos. 

I don't have any interests anymore... because the part of the ego that entertained them has dissolved...

All I do these days is hang out in the present moment and connect with the deep love inside consciousness and try to actualize it.

This is making my family, girlfriend, colleagues and other people in society very disturbed. They think I'm a robot. 

And I get what they mean, I'm so detached from pop culture it seems like it.

How do you guys go with fitting into society? What's life like for you? How do you fit into society even though there is not enough ego to enjoy the things pop culture enjoys?

As a producer I try to create grooves and things I like. I m aiming to master and understand the whole mechanism.

That's it. Beauty while playing. No more pain