Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fitness Model

Meditation In Extremely Busy Days

9 posts in this topic

as a beginner in meditation I started with 10 minutes and built it up to 20 minutes.

but I had two very busy days I barely had time to go to the bathroom, so I meditated for 10 minutes and 15 minutes in these 2 days.

is that ok? or should I restart the 30 days (to make it a habit) all over again?

Keep going. Any meditation is better than none. Just stay with it. " Meditate for 20 minutes twice a day unless your very busy- meditate for an hour" as the old saying go's.

41 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

unless your very busy- meditate for an hour" as the old saying go's.

You took it right from my mouth (-:

@Fitness Model, don't take the following as an excuse to skip your daily sits, but in my opinion if you miss or shorten a sit once in a while, it won't have much of an effect on your progress. Don't let it discourage you when it happens. In comparison to weeks and months of regular practice, one or two missed/shortened sits won't do any harm, IMO.

The overall, long-term determination is much more important.

Edited by Jan Odvarko

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

Same thing happens to me sometimes. When it does I'll get in as many mini-sits (5-10 min)  throughout that busy day as I can and then make up for the lost time on Sunday by doing two 45 min sessions. 

3 hours ago, Fitness Model said:

is that ok? or should I restart the 30 days (to make it a habit) all over again?

Perfectly fine. Just go on. There are days at which it is not easy to get time, I know that myself. If you have to cut minutes because you can't organize it any other way, totally fine. I do that sometimes, everyone else does. It's way more important to develop the habit. You can add minutes to the clock when this is all set.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

3 hours ago, Fitness Model said:

as a beginner in meditation I started with 10 minutes and built it up to 20 minutes.

but I had two very busy days I barely had time to go to the bathroom, so I meditated for 10 minutes and 15 minutes in these 2 days.

the secret is to let everything you do be a meditation.

@Jan Odvarko @cetus56 @Arik Thank you so much for the valuable advise.

@ChimpBrain Ill definitely try that but 45 minutes! wow your a monk!

On 5/25/2016 at 10:59 PM, charlie2dogs said:

the secret is to let everything you do be a meditation.

How? I would love to learn that!

2 hours ago, Fitness Model said:

@Jan Odvarko @cetus56 @Arik Thank you so much for the valuable advise.

@ChimpBrain Ill definitely try that but 45 minutes! wow your a monk!

How? I would love to learn that!

first thing i would forget everything you think you know, forget everything that you believe, just drop it, no longer acknowledge it, then you have to work for a bit, you have to work at being conscious, and present in each moment, in your life you have only had moments of oneness with your real self and being in the moment, you have to devote some effort until it becomes a natural thing,  in the beginning it is not easy to remain in the moment,  but when you can you will be functioning as a being of consciousness and not the human identity.  The secret to opening the door to self realization is being able to be in the moment of life and be in a conscious, present state of awareness, that is the key that will take you to self realization,  then you will be able to see the reality of things, and even have control over your destiny.  You will begin to understand and know things you never did before, you will be able to read others like an open book, at that point you will fully understand the saying, when the student is ready, the master will appear, because at that point you will have become the master.

It doesnt have to be hard, complicated, long and painful to become the master, but you have to drop everything in your mind and experience the real you which can only be done in the moment of life, it is in the moment that life can only be truly lived fruitfully and as a liberated being.  Over time you have been bombarded with all kinds of methods, doctrines, philosophies, programing, false belief, till the whole world is in a state of confusion,  find the moment, find the real you and life will live you, without pain, misery, suffering, consequences, then you will understand love because you will be love, you will understand freedom because you will be functioning from a liberated state of being.  The question is are you ready for that, do you have the desire to take you there?  I can't give it to you any simpler than this, and its only fully understood after the experience, and desire for liberation is the factor that will determine if you become the master.  The only key you need to become liberated is right here in this text if you can grasp it, and stay with it.

@charlie2dogs WOOOOOW, I am amazed by your answer which reveals your extremely generous nature and positive power of giving to others this deep wisdom. I truely appreciate the time and care you put in this eye opening and inspiring advise.

to achieve this state I believe I must start my journey to enlightment but I know I have a lot of work to do.

I am in the very early stages of self development as I started meditating to increase my willpower (recommended in the book (willpower instinct) to conquer my sugar addiction which has been holding me back of taking a fitness title. and to achieve emotional intelligence as my emotions caused me a great deal of problems that otherwise could have been prevented.

but your description is what Im aiming for, as I struggle in the 20 minutes of the do nothing meditation technique, visualization and affirmations I definitely must add the practice of mindfulness to get there sooner, which I will be doing by following Leos instructions in his videos.

Thank you again