iKokomo

Podcasts/Videos/Audiobooks to improve life

6 posts in this topic

Hello! This is my first post! :) The reason I joined the forums is the fact that I would like to make some changes in life for the better.

Therefore I am looking for either audiobooks, podcasts or YouTube channels that I can read/watch/listen to on my free time instead of watching random videos/entertainment.

I am currently in college right now, so taking classes about leadership at a local community college are not feasible at this moment. 

The topics that I am looking for are the following:

1. How to be more assertive.
2. How to converse better/ make better conversation.

Sorry, I know it is a random list, but these are topics that I have been thinking about for a while that I would like to improve.

@Sahil Pandit do you take notes from this podcast?  Or is it watch and leave. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan For the girl advice, i would watch it and then talk to girls about whether or not they think the information is true.

Joe rogan, i watch mostly intellectual guests or i watch the MMA guests for entertainment ( I like to learn about fighting as a hobby..)

Rich Roll i also watch for just general enjoyment.

45 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Harikrishnan For the girl advice, i would watch it and then talk to girls about whether or not they think the information is true.

Joe rogan, i watch mostly intellectual guests or i watch the MMA guests for entertainment ( I like to learn about fighting as a hobby..)

Rich Roll i also watch for just general enjoyment.

I think i got this belief with me that never ask a girl/women for dating/pickup advice from corey wayne or someone else in rsd. So i used to skip them in whole relationship advice thing. What are your thoughts on it, since you are open to her advice. Is there something valuable there to learn that you dont find getting from Men dating/pickup guru's 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

5 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

What are your thoughts on it, since you are open to her advice. Is there something valuable there to learn that you dont find getting from Men dating/pickup guru's 

I'm not the person you asked, but I thought I might chime in.

I have listened to Marni's videos and read one of her books ("Get inside her, the female perspective") about 3 years ago. Although she mentioned some deeper topics like mindsets and values, most of her stuff is surface level questions that kind of get answered once you know the root levels of it. She had some good things to say, but personally I found i got more from reading the other big names like Corey Wayne, Robert Glover & David Deida. :)