Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

Darkness, sorrow and despair. Awakening?

24 posts in this topic

When I was on my way to the bathroom, I was still thinking about the meaning of life.

I was searching for objective meaning in life.

An idea came up to me and it was this:

"Even when you can't find objective meaning to life, there are some people who objectively love and embrace life as it is. Your objective meaning in life is to live for these people; to develop yourself in order to be able to help them."

Problem solved.

Edited by The Don
To edit.

Me on the road less traveled.

3 hours ago, The Don said:

No. I don't take any medication for depression. Somehow I managed to get out of depression; all by myself and without any medication. It may come back but I'm not scared anymore. Wanna know why? Because I don't identify myself with "my depression". Any awful state of depression is not you.

Right now I'm just observing my mind, my thoughts and nonetheless, what is happening to me.

I know I'll overcome anything bad. I am much stronger than I thought I was.

Faith and hope are necessary.

Lays of Ancient Rome is a collection of narrative poems or lays, by Thomas Babington Macaulay.

And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

Daddy, he once told me, "Son, you be hard workin' man"
And Momma, she once told me, "Son, you do the best you can"
But then, one day, I met a man who came to me and said:
"Hard work good and hard work fine, but first take care of head"

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@The Don i would say a few things. First of all, there is a high possibility that the reason your experiencing this is because you have a genetic predisposition towards mental health issues. It's important to become conscious that literally everyone experiences mental health problems. Sadness is a a mental health issue. It is simply when the mind becomes "sick". When your body adopts even the smallest sickness, you say "I am sick". Similarly, I feel as though even the smallest sickness of the mind is to be considered "mental sickness" or "a mental health issue" no matter the size. 

Something I've become aware of, is that people who are attracted to this work (especially Leo's team) have deep mental sufferings. It's only logical to assume that those who have the deepest psychological pain, seek out the most effective method of healing (which is definitely leos). Consider this...is it possible that you just have a genetic and biological predisposition towards depression, anxiety or psychotic thought patterns...all of which cause tremendous psychology pain? This was the case for myself. And if so, why not reach out to a doctor? Any medicine that calms the mind can surely only improve that which the seeker seeks (stillness of the mind). Counterintuitively, it is the ego that refuses the natural instinct to reach out to the likes of a doctor for help regarding reducing the suffering of the mind. Your not alone. If your depressed, go get antidepressants. Just be sure not the mix DMT and antidepressants. That's deadly, literally. Please dont. 

There might be a simple fix to your suffering, not everything has to be mysterious and mystical. You might just be depressed...

(However its defo true that spiritual development brings about suffering of it's own.) I am not enlightened, I do not know everything...however these are my observations. God bless.

Edited by Aaron p

@Aaron p ❤ ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi