Conscious life

What you do when you are self conscious

5 posts in this topic

What do you do when you are self conscious on your thoughts, when you do activities etc?

Before enlightenment chop wood get water  .

After enlightenment chop wood get water. 

@MAYA EL xD I think he meant self-conscious in a neurotic way, but I love your answer xD

When you are self-conscious, you are evaluating yourself through the lens of another person. 

You are thinking about what the other person is thinking about you. Just typing that made my head spin. Basically, you are stuck in your head, when you are in that mindset.

Short term solution: Get grounded. Focus your attention on something in the present moment. If talking to another person, ask them a question and listen 100% focused on them. 

Long term solution: Self-understanding and self-acceptance. Know that no external judgement can make you less valuable as a human being. When you understand and accept yourself fully, then you stop caring about the lens of the other person so much. You walk funny? Who cares! You think your voice sounds weird, and you love it! You said the wrong thing or made a mistake? Oh no, you have exposed yourself as a human and not a robot! xD

Fundamentally when you are self-conscious you are in a deficiency mindset. Cultivate a strong self-esteem and an abundance mindset and you will find that your self-conscious experiences will become fewer and fewer that you don't even think about it as a problem anymore.

@Knock by 

12 hours ago, Knock said:

@MAYA EL

You are thinking about what the other person is thinking about you. Just typing that made my head spin. Basically, you are stuck in your head, when you are in that mindset.

By the way it is not negative experience, what is matters is your projection, I will think it as God is watching and doing inside of me. So it's blessing. But I have found a solution to stop that and enjoy that. 

I was just saying something that allen watts used to say all the time lol