Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thewritersunion

Democrats

7 posts in this topic

I do not understand that Democrat’s all organizes under one idea.

Yes, they can move the goals in the short term, but why don’t they make a “Democratic Goals of the 21st Centurie.” Type of thing.

I do not understand this.

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

For more information: 

I think they should make a holistic goal, and the candidates take a part of this “goal”

Then their party will be more loyal and better overall 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Perhaps check out their Party Platform, which can be easily found on their website.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

~~~excerpt from the Party Platform Preamble~~~

Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.

It’s a simple but powerful idea: we are stronger together.

Democrats believe we are stronger when we have an economy that works for everyone—an economy that grows incomes for working people, creates good-paying jobs, and puts a middle-class life within reach for more Americans. Democrats believe we can spur more sustainable economic growth, which will create good-paying jobs and raise wages. And we can have more economic fairness, so the rewards are shared broadly, not just with those at the top. We need an economy that prioritizes long-term investment over short-term profit-seeking, rewards the common interest over self-interest, and promotes innovation and entrepreneurship.

We believe that today’s extreme level of income and wealth inequality—where the majority of the economic gains go to the top one percent and the richest 20 people in our country own more wealth than the bottom 150 million—makes our economy weaker, our communities poorer, and our politics poisonous.

And we know that our nation’s long struggle with race is far from over. More than half a century after Rosa Parks sat and Dr. King marched and John Lewis bled, more than half a century after César Chávez, Dolores Huerta, and Larry Itliong organized, race still plays a significant role in determining who gets ahead in America and who gets left behind. We must face that reality and we must fix it.

We believe a good education is a basic right of all Americans, no matter what zip code they live in. We will end the school-to-prison pipeline and build a cradle-to-college pipeline instead, where every child can live up to his or her God-given potential.

We believe in helping Americans balance work and family without fear of punishment or penalty. We believe in at last guaranteeing equal pay for women. And as the party that created Social Security, we believe in protecting every American’s right to retire with dignity.

We firmly believe that the greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior on Wall Street must be brought to an end. Wall Street must never again be allowed to threaten families and businesses on Main Street.

Democrats believe we are stronger when we protect citizens’ right to vote, while stopping corporations’ outsized influence in elections. We will fight to end the broken campaign finance system, overturn the disastrous Citizens United decision, restore the full power of the Voting Rights Act, and return control of our elections to the American people.

Democrats believe that climate change poses a real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children’s health and futures, and that Americans deserve the jobs and security that come from becoming the clean energy superpower of the 21st century.

Democrats believe we are stronger and safer when America brings the world together and leads with principle and purpose. We believe we should strengthen our alliances, not weaken them. We believe in the power of development and diplomacy. We believe our military should be the best-trained, best-equipped fighting force in the world, and that we must do everything we can to honor and support our veterans. And we know that only the United States can mobilize common action on a truly global scale, to take on the challenges that transcend borders, from international terrorism to climate change to health pandemics.

Above all, Democrats are the party of inclusion. We know that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise. As Democrats, we respect differences of perspective and belief, and pledge to work together to move this country forward, even when we disagree. With this platform, we do not merely seek common ground—we strive to reach higher ground.

We are proud of our heritage as a nation of immigrants. We know that today’s immigrants are tomorrow’s teachers, doctors, lawyers, government leaders, soldiers, entrepreneurs, activists, PTA members, and pillars of our communities.

We believe in protecting civil liberties and guaranteeing civil rights and voting rights, women’s rights and workers’ rights, LGBT rights, and rights for people with disabilities. We believe America is still, as Robert Kennedy said, “a great country, an unselfish country, and a compassionate country.”

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

50 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.

I actually started reading the document before reading the rest of your post and I got such a chuckle out of this part and paused on reading the rest.  This is one of the reasons I swayed to the right a while back.  The Dems are not an example of this statement.

@Bodigger a stated 'vision' or 'goal' of a group doesn't guarantee the behavior of it's members.  The OP asked why the Democrats don't organize under one idea.. and I was simply providing evidence that they do.. or at least they attempt to.

I suppose I felt the question presented in the OP was a bit misguided.  It's like asking, 'why don't people try to act nicer to each other?'.. the question makes the assumption that 'people do not try to act nicer to each other', and asks why?   But what if it's the case that people 'do try to act nicer', and they simply fail at it.. the question 'why don't they do [what they actually are doing]?' makes no sense.   I mean, why aren't you reading this right now? The response to that question is.. I am. 

This is why I presented the 'Democratic Party Platform' in response to the OP.  Not because I agree with it.. or because I think Democrats in general follow those principals.. but rather to answer the question of 'why don’t they make a “Democratic Goals of the 21st Centurie.” Type of thing?' with the simply answer: They do. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle I did not intend any of my statement to be toward you and I believe you were only sharing information which in my opinion is great.  I was only sharing my thoughts about the beginning of the platform.  I have not read the whole platform and I expect to have more thoughts to share.  Please don't take it as anything toward you.  I am only sharing my thoughts about the OP.:)

Locked for low quality OP.

Put more effort into you posts or you may be banned if this sloppiness continues.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.