CreamCat

Stop criticizing Donald Trump so much. Think of ways you are like Trump.

5 posts in this topic

As I see people criticize Donald Trump on this forum, I notice that a lot of what he does is what a lot of average people do.

People criticize Trump often so that they do not reflect on how they are like Trump.

As I read their criticisms of Trump, I noticed that many of the criticisms apply to me, too. I was feeling that they were criticizing me instead.

Oftentimes, those who criticize Trump are not very different from him.

This video fits this thread well.

Edited by CreamCat

Thank you CreamCat.

Sometimes I print too much paper, or throw notepaper away that's hardly been used because I just like to start a fresh sheet.

This is a bit like Trump's environmental negligence.

Also if I could get away with grabbing a girl by the *****, I probably would.

And I eat at McDonald's sometimes.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

3 hours ago, CreamCat said:

People criticize Trump often so that they do not reflect on how they are like Trump.

@CreamCat Distraction is the devil's favorite defense mechanism.

Also, don't forget that the "average person" is grossly underdeveloped, the people actually doing this work are extremely rare, let alone the ones who are at a level of development approaching Leo's. (Do not take this for blind praise, I validate his teachings in my direct experience)

@Dan502 you can get away with it, but only if she explicitly wants you to! (and if it's appropriate in context)! :P

Edited by mikelyons
not sure if trump supporting ... :|

@CreamCat I did an all-male workshop where we looked at the projections we put on our parents to see what we repressed in our shadow. But we do this with other people as well. We project our shadow on to them and demonize them so we don't have to look at our own shortcomings. I'm now wondering what would happen if you would fully accept some aspect of your shadow. For example, if I see someone being an asshole will I still see him as an asshole after I've accepted the asshole in me? or Will I have compassion instead? What do you think?

16 hours ago, mikelyons said:

if she explicitly wants you to!

I want explicit provocation from a sexy girl.

16 hours ago, Neorez said:

For example, if I see someone being an asshole will I still see him as an asshole after I've accepted the asshole in me? or Will I have compassion instead? What do you think?

You will have more compassion. You will have more compassion even for an asshole like trump.

Edited by CreamCat