Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thomas_VH

Becoming a dating coach

6 posts in this topic

I am a 21 year old male from Europe, Belgium. My current life project is to combine my life-purpose with attaining financial freedom by becoming an online dating coach. After a good couple of months of contemplation, strategizing, learning and researching, I feel like I am almost ready to start attracting clients. The only problem is; I don't have a business yet...

Well, I don't have an officialy registered business yet. I don't know anyone in my personal life who has their own business. I have searched the internet thoroughly, trying to figure out how to handle the legal side of running an online coaching business, but I can't seem to find a clear explanation on the following:

• Where do I go to if I want to start a business? This might be a really stupid question but I literally have no idea. Can I do this completely online? Does this cost a lot of money?
  • In terms of taxation:
    • How do I know how much taxes I have to pay as an online coach? I mean, I would go ask another online coach in Belgium but I haven't come across any so far.
    • Would I only have to pay taxes on my income? Or is there a certain amount I have to pay each year/month simply for being self-imployed and owning a business?
  • Liability: Can I just have clients sign a self-made form in which I distance myself from any legal responsibility?
  • Can I record my coaching sessions? Should I? If so, should this also be included in the form I would have my clients sign?
  • How do I get a client to sign a form through the internet?
  • It says here that any business needs a physical address that is not your private home, yet as an online coach I don't want to pay for an office, of course. Is there any way around that?
  • Would it be interesting to move to a country with lower taxes on income? Would I actually have to move and live there or just have my business registered there? Can I register a business in a foreign country if I'm not a resident of said country?

I understand that these sorts of things are going to differ heavily from country to country, but even for you Americans or otherwise on here: Any ideas on where to turn to for help?

I find it weird that none of the answers to these questions seem to be easily accesible online. Or perhaps I am not that good at researching after all.

Lots of (noobie) questions, but these are what are currently holding me back from actually starting to actualize this exciting goal of mine, so any input at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Tl;dr: Am stuck on the legal side of starting my business. Would GREATLY appreciate some help.

Do your first sessions and see how it works and then worry about the legal side later on.

No one is going to bet an eye when you make your first hundreds. Not to say that its not possible that you could face legal trouble but the chance is very slim.

Im telling you this so you start to focus on the main task at hand: Become a good dating coach that people want to book.

If you dont have this you can worry and plan on the legal side of your buisness for 100s of hours and it will be mostly wasted.

How many people have you coached so far?

Some answers to ease your mind:

Registering a business you do at the issuing authority from your state. Dont know how its called in Belgium.

Tax rate is usually roughly the same for all business and you only pay tax on your income.

Your home adress should be fine for an online business.

Thanks so much for your response. I have coached only one client so far, whom I charged half of what I'm planning to charge future clients once I consider myself more experienced. Thanks for your perspective, that does ease my mind indeed.

Laycount?

You're on the wrong forum for specifics. Join a business/entrepeneur forum.

@Thomas_VH Your country should have some official page for registration of a company. There should also be alot of information on how it works, I dont think you are the first person in your country with these questions. How the company side of the buisness works with taxes and all will fall naturally as you start, dont worry about it. 

Im in the same spot as you, I want to start a online coaching buisness but i dont know how to attract clients. Also, how does it work, do you email each other? skype calls? How do you do it? Do you coach in your native language? 

I have trouble knowing if I should start my company before I have any clients or after when I know I actually have any? 

@Display_Name An important metric for anyone wanting to become a dating coach imo, severely looked over in the industry for whatever unknown reason.  

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi