Paulus Amadeus

Why does everything seem to be so consistent, if all there is is perception?

22 posts in this topic

@Paulus Amadeus While I won't be able to answer your question directly, I have an insight I got from Leo oh how cohesion is in fact a self deception. It cannot be used as an accurate judgment of a worldview. 

My notes from his self-deception video:

Self deception #8--"Judging the correctness of your worldview based on how cohesive it feels." Just because it's a self-contained system that's in agreement with itself does not make it true. In fact, Godel proved in the 1930's that ANY system of belief cannot prove itself to be true. Mathematics is perfectly cohesive, perfectly consistent. Yet you can form a statement within mathematics that you can prove can't be proven. It proved itself to be a belief system. 

"If a 'religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Gödel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one." - John Barrow (for more info on this, Leo's has a video called Metaphysical Implications of Godels incompleteness Theorem)

A dream feels cohesive while you're in it, doesn't it? In fact, you can't distinguish it from reality until you wake up. It becomes very obvious that cohesion is not a metric you can use to find truth. Rationality, physicality, and memory are just additional layers of the dream world. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 10/15/2019 at 3:17 AM, Serotoninluv said:

1 min. lucid dream

Physical reality is supposed to be a lucid dream in my mind.