Gnostic Christian

Please enlighten. Divine retribution and unconditional love. Can only one attribute b

28 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Gnostic Christian  It is ok to discuss religious teachings in the larger context of spirituality, self actualization and consciousness. However, it is against forum guidelines to dogmatically promote any religion or to incite religious debate. 

Yet I am having the bible quoted to me constantly and you allow that dogma.

If a double standard is what you are going to use then -----

Regards

DL

9 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Yet I am having the bible quoted to me constantly and you allow that dogma.

If a double standard is what you are going to use then -----

Regards

DL

You missed something:

33 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Gnostic Christian  It is ok to discuss religious teachings in the larger context of spirituality, self actualization and consciousness. However, it is against forum guidelines to dogmatically promote any religion or to incite religious debate. 

If a soccer player commits a foul and instigates a conflict and the other player responds with a foul - the first player usually gets called for the foul. You created this thread and dynamic and need to take personal responsibility for staying within the forum guidelines. You have recently created three threads that have all devolved into religious dogma (or "anti-religious" dogma) and religious debate. You are the common denominator. 

https://www.actualized.org/forum/guidelines/

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You missed something:

If a soccer player commits a foul and instigates a conflict and the other player responds with a foul - the first player usually gets called for the foul. You created this thread and dynamic and need to take personal responsibility for staying within the forum guidelines.

Such things are subjective and tuned to your own thinking.

I am not a mind reader and if I go too far, you have your ban hammer.

Regards

DL

11 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Such things are subjective and tuned to your own thinking.

I am not a mind reader and if I go too far, you have your ban hammer.

Of course. No player thinks it is fair when the referee calls a foul on them. You have received warnings from two different mods so far. 

If you want to learn how to discuss/explore religious ideas in the context of spirituality/self actualization/consciousness while being respectful to others, I encourage you to read some previous threads that included religious ideas. There is a search function at the top of the page. As well, you can use google. 

@Gnostic Christian earlier you asked about non-duality and "getting it"...so the thing with Truth is, it is prior to grasping/understanding.  It is not a belief, like religion - though many confuse it with religion.   Language can only point to it.  You actually have to become the Absolute Truth.  You have to become a mystic.  When you have a mystical or Divine experience you're ego dissolves and you literally are reality.  Its hard to describe with words because words can only point to it.  You actually have to be it to understand.  I am 49 and though jewish was an atheist my whole life - and happen to stumble on Leos enlighnement videos last year.  I happen to have a very loose identity and an open mind so i started listening to them and meditating.  Needless to say when i had my first mystical experience i was like - oh my fucking God this is real - i kept repeating that over and over because i was just so stunned.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Of course. No player thinks it is fair when the referee calls a foul on them. You have received warnings from two different mods so far. 

If you want to learn how to discuss/explore religious ideas in the context of spirituality/self actualization/consciousness while being respectful to others, I encourage you to read some previous threads that included religious ideas. There is a search function at the top of the page. As well, you can use google. 

Scriptures and good sense indicate that respect has to be earned.

In here, words are all I have to go by. Some peoples thinking just does not deserve respect.

Respecting what does not deserve respect is how the world has ended up with the mainstream religions idol worshiping a genocidal and infanticidal god whose religions preaches homophobia and misogyny and refuses to give all souls equality.

You go ahead and respect that if you want to. I will not.

That is spiritual thinking.

Regards

DL

12 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Scriptures and good sense indicate that respect has to be earned.

In here, words are all I have to go by. Some peoples thinking just does not deserve respect.

Respecting what does not deserve respect is how the world has ended up with the mainstream religions idol worshiping a genocidal and infanticidal god whose religions preaches homophobia and misogyny and refuses to give all souls equality.

You go ahead and respect that if you want to. I will not.

The forum is a community of members exploring spirituality, self actualization and consciousness. Things like namecalling is against forum guidelines since it has a negative impact on the community. You can make your points without namecalling and proselytizing. As I indicated to you, this is described in the forum guidelines. If you would like to participate on the forum according to the guidelines, you are welcome to. However, you can't enter and decide to make up your own guidelines. It doesn't work that way.

You can read the guidelines here:

2 hours ago, Gnostic Christian said:

The bible belies your foolish thinking. You should consider reading it.

@Gnostic Christian Ive read the bible, front to back, no less than seven times when I was younger (only 10% of Christians have read it completely). I read most of CS Lewis' books - Mere Christianity three times, in an attempt to find some reason that Christianity/the bible should be believed at all.

The best argument that I could find was CS Lewis' argument for objective morality. Then I realized that ANY religion could use the exact same argument and say it is proof of THEIR god. Then I finally realized there is no reason to believe objective morality exists, other than most of us wish it did.

It eventually became clear that Christianity was just another religion, like Mormonism, Scientology, Islam, etc, etc and there was no reason to take it seriously. Im not going to believe something just because a book or another person claim it to be true so I left Christianity behind.  One of the best things Ive ever done.

A Christian will say that Christianity is "true" for the exact same reasons that a Mormon believes Mormonism is "true" - because they were told to believe that. I think chances are high that you had Christian parents and live in a predominately Christian area of the world....coincidence?

I consider indoctrination of dogma to be very limiting.

Edited by Matt8800