arlin

Nlp to access the unconscious?

6 posts in this topic

Im looking for ways to access the unconscious and i got interested in nlp. But i have doubts about it's effectiveness. What do you find effective to access your unconscious beliefs and tendencies? 

I like NLP a lot. I find it quite a good toolkit in combination with mindfulness to catch yourself doing unconscious behaviours. But there are probably better ways to access the unconscious. But it's a good start. 

@arlin in my experience doing NLP on yourself is hard. It requires high levels of self awareness, because you have to apply the techniques and be aware of your responses at the same time. I would say that having someone do NLP to you is far more effective.

Your unconscious is very powerful but it works very differently from your concious everyday mind. It likes a good story, even if it doesn't make sense. It likes reward more than punishment. It's language is emotions and instinct and associations between things. It works by intent and gut feeling and lucky guesses. And it will bypass your concious mind if it has to - it's sneaky.

So if you want to learn how to speak to you unconcious then you need to know it's language first.

Nowadays I literally speak to my unconcious, and it will respond. But it doesn't always do what I want! It's like a fickle spoilt child.

All stories and explanations are false.