Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fede83

Scared to approach peoples

6 posts in this topic

I’n scared to approach new friends..,the main problem i identificy for my lackyness of friendship is because i keep thinking like what if they actually figure me as a gay and not just a friend...i’m 100% straight with respect for all sexual humans..do u think is a big Block any suggestion to overcome it ? 

@Fede83 I can't say I'm very good with the whole befriending guys ordeal. However I've noticed that, it's often because something makes us talk. Like some drunk dude is rude to some girl, making me and some other guy help out said girl. Then we start talking and voila. Can't say I ever approached a guy for friendship. 

Yes me brother i think we are not the only ones experience it...Someone sharing similar experience?

See this thread 

Also dont say you approach new friends. Just be social in general. Talk to everyone (not literally) and if you vibe with someone make plans to meet again. Thats how friendships evolve. A common interest or friend are also pretty common for that. For example you go to the same class, club or your friend brings another friend when you meet etc.

Edited by universe

Probably not a good idea to approach until you get into flow state. Read Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi books. I never read them cos I figured stuff out on my own, but people say he talks about this. Be the cool guy, the bad guy, making my mom cry guy. ? (Sorry I looove Billie Eilish and I'm just kidding. Be nice to mom, mmk? ??)

Learn humor and to let go. Be witty! Don't care what people think! Let go of analyzing what people might think of you and stay in your own body. Be body-aware! (another video I didn't watch but I figured out myself through real life practice and anxiety pills).

And most importantly.. don't force the whole thing. And if you make a mistake don't overthink it, just let go. Enlightenment work helps. Nonverbal communication means more than verbal. Learn to communicate or get in flow state. 

Also how old are you? Are you at school/uni, or you approach on street?

I will give you an example of approach, I'm a female btw. Read this post I made:

And lastly, be fine being alone first. Don't just make friends cause you're lonely.. make friends with yourself. 

I always tell people that love isn't the praise you get from friends or the attention a sexual partner gives you. While those are important or even necessary, true love starts within. By respecting yourself.

Take care of the flower (self), the butterfly (friend, lover) will come when it's time. - quote I heard from a friend. 

Edited by Aquarius

Thank for ur explanation and ur time ! ❤️