Geo

I went to see Rupert Spira - AMA

11 posts in this topic

@Geo hehe, cool! Get anything out of it?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

39 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

@Geo hehe, cool! Get anything out of it?

So much. So very much. He's the real deal. I was also lucky enough to have a question answered which has allowed me to carry on with my spiritual practice in more peace.

11 minutes ago, Geo said:

I was also lucky enough to have a question answered which has allowed me to carry on with my spiritual practice in more peace.

Would you like to share the question and answer?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

7 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Thanks for your interest Anna1 :).

I asked if being a parent and this path were compatible. I was fearful that awakening may impact on my ability to parent my children and have been pursuing this with a metaphorical weight of concern.

He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that there is nothing about non-duality that isn't compatible with being a parent. You can be a parent, and be attached to and love your children. The suffering comes when you don't realise you are not separate beings and in adulthood they will have to deal with your non realisation. However, being enlightened can give you the means to help them come to their own understanding.

Later on, someone else asked something and he referred back to my question, and said that when you become enlightened your goals (being the best parent you can be) don't necessarily change but your motivations do.

2 minutes ago, Geo said:

Thanks for your interest Anna1 :).

Absolutely!:)

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff.

I will add that your children are in your care, but are not "yours". Ppl who think this at some point suffer. You must be willing to let go and let live, at some point, so they can be the ppl they are meant to be. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I think that Rupert is one of the best teachers out there. He doesn't spam you with solipsism and nonsensical word salads but rather just tells it as it is. I'd love to meet him. 

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Absolutely!:)

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff.

I will add that your children are in your care, but are not "yours". Ppl who think this at some point suffer. You must be willing to let go and let live, at some point, so they can be the ppl they are meant to be. 

Great point. Thanks :)

8 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I think that Rupert is one of the best teachers out there. He doesn't spam you with solipsism and nonsensical word salads but rather just tells it as it is. I'd love to meet him. 

Yes. I think that's it. He gives crystal clear examples of what it means to discover your true nature. He challenged someone in the audience who had a solipsistic take on non-duality. And the love he had for each and every person there. So many people in tears of joy. Just....

1 hour ago, The Don said:

@Shaun, is there a video about this topic on YouTube?

There are loads of videos about solipsism you can find. Leo teaches solipsism, other teachers discuss it from a grounded and more rational standpoint.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”