Robi Steel

Lets talk about climate change

6 posts in this topic

Climate change is a progressive position that I have always retained over the years. It all seemed very clear to me and science produced almost universal results when it to the existence of climate change. But how well do the actual studies relate to the policies and to the activist actions?

To what extent has the supposed existence of a more than serious impending problem created thousands of jobs, that now have an ego-agenda of their own. To what extent have climate activist become ideological and are furthering a collective ego and worldview instead of fixing the problem in significant ways. To what extent is criticism simply tossed aside with the label of "denial". This whole global warming thing is now almost culturally embedded, if the conclusions might actually be wrong that would hurt the whole movement too much.  Suddenly every hot day and every hurricane is a sign of nature already starting to wipe us out (these kind of events were never subject to the theory of global warming btw). So there is a certain level of hysteria which is ego-driven. 

I could not be convinced that climate change might not be as bad if it were not for a steadfast, groundbreaking scientist, working some data and debunking studies. That is exactly what I found. Dr Willie Soon seems extremely committed to science as discipline and craft. He knows his numbers and he makes more than convincing arguments why climate change might not be wrong at the root but waaaayy overblown and is now a market of big interests that want global warming to be real. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_denial

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_consensus_on_climate_change

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

I think environmentalism still belongs to stage green in a foundational way even if climate change is not such a big deal. It is just the kind of pragmatic, hands-on environmentalism. 

Keeping the city clean. Reinstating habitats. Planting trees. Cleaning rivers. Preventing plastic trash. All the good stuff

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

I'm unsure about this whole debate too, just how real is climate change etc. So I sit on the fence. But the worrying thing is how regressive are the proposals and new taxes being brought in (in my country), ie the extra costs & restrictions flat rated instead of income related. If we've got to have rationing, let's be honest and have ration cards rather than rationing by (lack of) wealth. 

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

Climate change is not a progressive issue. All the big oil companies have known about climate change since the 1970s. Their own scientists made internal reports on it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

slow change is the most tricky, it`s too slow to keep being alarmed as constant alertness is counterproductive to going on as always, so we use to better forget until we get stuck in the water until our nose, or our house gets blown away by a hurricane. therefore if even hysteria makes you blind you should check if something with your eye is not right. or just inhale deeply.

Edited by remember

Also we have invest a lot in the oil industry, we can't just turn into more friendly sources of energies that quick