Psychonaut

Letting Go Of Psychedelics

14 posts in this topic

I feel like I have gained so much from psychedelics. Especially Acid. Had egoloss experiences on it. Made the  biggest life changing decisions on acid. Like going vegetarian, starting to meditate and stop masturbating. All changes that persisted long after the trip. 

I feel like I still could grow from using psychedelics. Gives me time to contemplate and reflect on what I'm doing with a clear mindset.

But on my last trip I actually got the feeling that I should stop using any kinds of drugs. It was after an ego loss experience when my mind was starting to torture me. Almost unbearable emotional pain. I then got the feeling that I should just drop it. But it's hard. Out of all activities I could do I see psychedelics as the one with the highest potential for growth.

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Drugs are physical means of release and are not the ultimate mode of improvement. It can be seen that these improvements came to be because of dosing and thinking instead of just thinking. Perhaps the idea that your baseline "clearness" can be enhanced to even supersede the state being reached under the influence can fuel your path of sobriety. 

Edited by Jakeumz

Psychedelics are a consciousness expanding technology; if you feel unequipped  to make progress with them then you should trust your intuition and step away for a period of time.

If it's because you felt the fear and the fear was too great then I would say go deeper if your sanity permits because it may be past the hardest point that you find something worth bringing back.

You're a psychonaut after all, you are one of the select few humans on this earth right now that is studying the inner landscapes of psychedelics with conscious intention and awareness.

You're familiar with the Psychonautwiki I presume?

So does doing acid have any worser side effects than eatin shrooms? 

I understand that doing psychedelics is not how a person grows through enlightenment, but I do feel that open state of mind can help me see myself differently, maybe more objectively. If anyone gets what I mean by that. I have yet to try anything because I have yet to have a hold on any of it. Lmao so frustrated with that issue...? Weed is too mild in this regard.

On 5/20/2016 at 11:42 PM, Psychonaut said:

I feel like I have gained so much from psychedelics. Especially Acid. Had egoloss experiences on it. Made the  biggest life changing decisions on acid. Like going vegetarian, starting to meditate and stop masturbating. All changes that persisted long after the trip. 

I feel like I still could grow from using psychedelics. Gives me time to contemplate and reflect on what I'm doing with a clear mindset.

But on my last trip I actually got the feeling that I should stop using any kinds of drugs. It was after an ego loss experience when my mind was starting to torture me. Almost unbearable emotional pain. I then got the feeling that I should just drop it. But it's hard. Out of all activities I could do I see psychedelics as the one with the highest potential for growth.

Yes absolutely, a great tool to get you started on the journey yourself. 

What psychedelics showed was who you really are by peeling of layers. Now, don't forget that when you are coming down. Now you have faith and determination that there is something truly beautiful outside of you that we All share. Whatever you do, it is not the more stuff that you add onto yourself but the more you strip away, and believe it that that direction is worth heading. :) I hope this helps. Love.

On 21/05/2016 at 8:17 AM, ChimpBrain said:

Have you experimented with microdosing? 

No, I don't really want to use acid as a booster during the week.

@ArabiaNytes

Only had shrooms once, got stomach pain, feels like it's too harsh on the body and more expensive than acid.

6 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

No, I don't really want to use acid as a booster during the week.

That's not what I meant. I meant instead of taking full doses that cause "unbearable emotional pain" once a month or however often you use them try taking 1/6 to 1/4 of a hit. That's what I do. Generally on a Sunday afternoon when I have no responsibilities I'll take 0.5g of mushrooms or 1/4 hit of LSD and meditate for several hours. You can get most of the benefits without any of the negative side effects at a much lower dosage than most people take if you do it right.

@Psychonaut It is a fact with any "drug", there is a end to any benefit, possibly a plateau, or maybe it is just time to put it away. I think heeding to the suggestions such as you described is definitely the best decision. 

What I have seen a lot of is, destruction caused by people taking things as far as the possibly can (which is too far).

Edited by WarPants

@ChimpBrain

I'll experiment with microdosing a bit. Last times I tried really low doses I felt like it was not worthwhile. But I also didn't try to meditate. The one unpleasant experience was on 600ug and was really tired and couldn't sleep...

@ArabiaNytes

On 25/05/2016 at 2:00 AM, ArabiaNytes said:

@Psychonaut

But not different in risk levels? 

Define risk. Risk can be to health, being found out or risk of things going wrong etc.

@Psychonaut

Oh, you're right. I meant health wise, any permanent damage. Is it as natural as weed and shrooms? Also, would it feel wrong psychologically, cause me to freak out, even if I'm cool to do it? Alcohol feels good in the tipsy range but then it feels ugly, if you know how I mean. I look for that possibility for the ugly/ weird and bad feeling in other substances. 

Edited by ArabiaNytes

On 25.5.2016 at 8:17 PM, ChimpBrain said:

That's not what I meant. I meant instead of taking full doses that cause "unbearable emotional pain" once a month or however often you use them try taking 1/6 to 1/4 of a hit. That's what I do. Generally on a Sunday afternoon when I have no responsibilities I'll take 0.5g of mushrooms or 1/4 hit of LSD and meditate for several hours. You can get most of the benefits without any of the negative side effects at a much lower dosage than most people take if you do it right.

I'm trying to not beat myself up for needing external substances to progress. But oh well. Whatever bahahahaha. Better to progress somehow then to stagnate.

Tried microsdosing today. What am I supposed to say. I had difficulty meditating. I guess. Ended up just laughing all afternoon long. It brought up something that I had been suppressing for a very long time. I didn't even know that it was still lingering around. I thought I had gotten over it. But there it was again. After closer examination and initially being really scared I proceeded to do the only sensibly thing. Forgive myself and laughing. It is starting to really hurt from all the laughter. But oh well. Whatever. Still laughing.

2 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

I'm trying to not beat myself up for needing external substances to progress. But oh well. Whatever bahahahaha. Better to progress somehow then to stagnate.

Tried microsdosing today. What am I supposed to say. I had difficulty meditating. I guess. Ended up just laughing all afternoon long. It brought up something that I had been suppressing for a very long time. I didn't even know that it was still lingering around. I thought I had gotten over it. But there it was again. After closer examination and initially being really scared I proceeded to do the only sensibly thing. Forgive myself and laughing. It is starting to really hurt from all the laughter. But oh well. Whatever. Still laughing.

I should have mentioned that I can only do "do nothing" meditation while microdosing. My brain is too hyperactive to do any type of concentration meditation while on it. Do nothing works really well though. Just sit still and quiet and watch your mind do whatever your mind wants to do....only what it does while on an entheogen is not what it does while sober lol. Glad you got something out of it. Hopefully on the whole it was more of a positive experience than a negative one.