Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysBeNice

Any truth devotees near bordeaux fr? (Also Portugal)

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I did work exchange somewhere here in France but I triggered the authorities too much and I had to go, Im not some asshole tho, also people there weren't happy about but oh well.

I may go to plum village october 4th for 2 week retreat and am planning to go to Portugal later, so just for a few days.

Whatis a good town or city near the ocean in Portugal? 

Hobbies are music, singing, bhajans, internet, nice people, doing nothing.

Can offer some money, and or help with whatever, no real skills except for writing, used to do well in school but never finished, am 23 y/o, been involved with this consciousness stuff for few years.

Can also give fb first if you need, cant remove this video on mobile from old topic i wanted to make but its a great teacher/video i think

Blessings

@AlwaysBeNice my girlfriends parents and brother live out in Portugal at the moment. They're currently building a yoga center in Ansiao. I went out there with them for 3 months earlier this year, and it was just what I needed.

They are Krishna devotees and very lovely people. Not pressuring or fear-mongering or anything like that. Just genuine & accepting people. 

There's yoga classes in the town ran by a Canadian instructor. The majority are nice people. 

However, there are rats. They're very cute, but I still don't particularly like them running around the place. They're just so fucking fast. Terrifies me. 

Anyway, if you're interested, drop me a message and I'll put you in touch with them. 

Ansiao is central, not near the beach.

I went to Lisbon after leaving their place for a couple of days, before heading back to England. It was nice, but lonely. Though, I think that experience was very rewarding. 

8 hours ago, PlayOnWords said:

@AlwaysBeNice my girlfriends parents and brother live out in Portugal at the moment. They're currently building a yoga center in Ansiao. I went out there with them for 3 months earlier this year, and it was just what I needed.

They are Krishna devotees and very lovely people. Not pressuring or fear-mongering or anything like that. Just genuine & accepting people. 

There's yoga classes in the town ran by a Canadian instructor. The majority are nice people. 

However, there are rats. They're very cute, but I still don't particularly like them running around the place. They're just so fucking fast. Terrifies me. 

Anyway, if you're interested, drop me a message and I'll put you in touch with them. 

Ansiao is central, not near the beach.

I went to Lisbon after leaving their place for a couple of days, before heading back to England. It was nice, but lonely. Though, I think that experience was very rewarding

Sure, thanks. Portugal seems to be more a good place, in general / for stuff like this.

I know it may sound rude or unwise to say some country is better than others, I haven't even been in Port. But from what I've seen.. In France .. people just barely speak English, will often just continue to babble in France. really hard to get to know people, even to do certain things like buy a train ticket..

and some demonic homeless youth tried to start a fight with me after I was just observing them a moment and offered them a cookie, its packed with homeless people as well here in Bordeaux.

In Holland it's not uncommon to say the French are rude, I didn't think much of it but it's kind of true, albeit we are also known for that a little.

Expensive as well, no alternative scene, except punk homeless.

A lot of people are just good and nice still of course.

Sorry for the negative rant, and bit off topic, though general vibe is relevant in some way to map the world a little, also for the spirirual conductivity as well I think, not much of that going on here either lol, except cathedrals..

French women tend to def. Have some natural beauty, romance seems a little more easy going here than in Holland I think

On 10/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, acidgoofy said:

hehe in germany its common to say the french are rude or like kind of unfriendly

but from my personal experience so far all french people I met were really cool and easy going

Ye its not like actually bad, quite nice also, but they really tend not to speak English at all, and they'll be annoyed you don't speak their language (meanwhile other European countries will definitely tend to all or almost all, afaik, be able to talk some English at least)

Someone today explained to me how France used to be leading in culture up until the 60's till the US/Uk overtook popular western culture, it's the biggest nation in Europe also, French used to be taught more in schools in other nations in Europe.