Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PenguinPablo

Where can I find self actualizing people irl?

6 posts in this topic

Ive been on this self actualizing journey for a while now. Meditating for 4 years, watching Leo, RSD, retreats and psychedlics but I feel like I still hang on with the same people. Ive tried to introduce this stuff to my friends but theyre usually disinterested ad I find their laziness uninspiring and disgusting to be frank (the ones with victim mindset anyway).

And i know that sounds judgemental but I need to find better circles to make friends and grow from here. Makes no sense to be interested in enlightenment for instance but be part of a violent gang in LA. It contradicts.

Anyway, just looking for some ideas where to find people in everyday life + some venting.

Edited by PenguinPablo

Meetup.com

Facebook groups

This forum

Yoga classes (small at home ones and at centers) 

Communities of a certain teacher 

Meditation retreats 

Finding people on Instagram

Also 

Always being open to strangers, you may be surprised at how well you connect or how open the person is or what they know despite your initial preconceived notions 

Reducing standards of perfectionism in your friends. Some people are just earlier on the journey, but are still on the journey and that's okay. 

@d0ornokey

1 hour ago, d0ornokey said:

Always being open to strangers, you may be surprised at how well you connect or how open the person is or what they know despite your initial preconceived notions 

Reducing standards of perfectionism in your friends. Some people are just earlier on the journey, but are still on the journey and that's okay. 

extremely true.

also i know im just projecting my own frustration along my journey

47 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

@d0ornokey

extremely true.

also i know im just projecting my own frustration along my journey

im with you. i fell under the same trap and am working through integrating those parts of myself 

You should have many types of friends around. I have a few friends for just going out and having fun, others for making music, others for nerding out (games, movies, anime, etc.) others for having deep conversations and self development. Sometimes they overlap, but they don't always have to! Don't try and find them, perhaps if you introduce the topics to the friends you have now in the right way a spark could ignite. Love your friends for who they are.

Edited by EternalForest