Mada_

Should I tell my family about kundalini

5 posts in this topic

My ego is not comfortable going through the process in a family environment, it is terrified of being perceived as insane on account of lots of laughter.

Perhaps it would create a more open environment.

I am 18 and don't have a job at the moment, in my last year of high school, so it doesn't look like I'm going to be moving out anytime super soon although I aim to do so ASAP. 

I wouldn't advise to tell anybody unless you feel they will understand what you are talking about. It will only make you feel even more alone. I didn't tell anybody. Actually I tried to tell my Dad but he basically ignored me. Nobody will believe anything you say about it until they see the positive results for themselves (after you complete the journey and they see your transformation). 

I knew that the people around me could only understand from what they themselves had already learned. I knew telling them would cause them suffering because they could not help me. They would see me as ill, and that would only cause them to suffer. Even many spiritual people call Kundalini nonsense because they know nothing of it. So the average person will surely consider you crazy. It's not their fault. I know it's hard but you have to take responsibility and walk this path alone. You will feel very alone, but you are not <3

14 hours ago, ShivaShakti said:

I wouldn't advise to tell anybody unless you feel they will understand what you are talking about. It will only make you feel even more alone. I didn't tell anybody. Actually I tried to tell my Dad but he basically ignored me. Nobody will believe anything you say about it until they see the positive results for themselves (after you complete the journey and they see your transformation). 

I knew that the people around me could only understand from what they themselves had already learned. I knew telling them would cause them suffering because they could not help me. They would see me as ill, and that would only cause them to suffer. Even many spiritual people call Kundalini nonsense because they know nothing of it. So the average person will surely consider you crazy. It's not their fault. I know it's hard but you have to take responsibility and walk this path alone. You will feel very alone, but you are not <3

Thankyou for this

How does the Kundalini experience manifest in your life? I am just curious.

On 2019. 09. 23. at 11:39 AM, ShivaShakti said:

That's sage advice. My experience has been similar.

There is no easy solution, as in our western culture, having spiritual experiences of any kind is a certain path towards social death. You might as well have contracted the plague or leprosy. It is best to keep it to yourself, except with like-minded people, who have had similar experiences, but those are tough to find.