Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tiny Nietzsche

found life purpose, but it hardly makes u survive in capitalism

8 posts in this topic

- i discover i love playing piano at 23
- anyway, it's too late to be a professor at conserv or have a career as a performer or be a skilled teacher who cost a good price per hour 
- i'm hyperealistic, i live in 3rd world country, thailand (real sad), if i go to this path, the great bitterness awaits (even usa imo)
- so right now i'm confused and cannot find the way
- should i stop playing it at all? because keep doing it won't pay my bills & secure my life quality in long term,
and will only take my precious time instead doing something  

Keep in mind that you can also just have hobbies.

Perhaps playing piano is a hobby of yours? In which case you gotta keep looking for your LP.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Keep in mind that you can also just have hobbies.

Perhaps playing piano is a hobby of yours? In which case you gotta keep looking for your LP.

there's always a question in my mind, if don't do it at 100%, y do it at all?, i can't find the middle, this is my personality
i believe in 'focus', as u once said, we human are bad at multitasking, i want to focus on one thing and be very special & outstanding at it 
still, .. my soul still love music, i don't want to quit..

Anyway, Thanks Leo, I'm waiting for Fear part II 

@Tiny Nietzsche If your soul loves music, decouple that from piano itself.

Create a LP around your love for musi, not piano. This is a much broader notion than mastering piano. Love of music might not require you to play the piano at all.

Think more outside the box. What are new ways you could sharing your love of music.

Like maybe you could invent a new musical instrument, or whatever. Get creative here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Tiny Nietzsche If your soul loves music, decouple that from piano itself.

Create a LP around your love for musi, not piano. This is a much broader notion than mastering piano. Love of music might not require you to play the piano at all.

Think more outside the box. What are new ways you could sharing your love of music.

Like maybe you could invent a new musical instrument, or whatever. Get creative here.

gotta dig more on it, much appreciated 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Tiny Nietzsche

Leo, this is a great idea. The person also has to take into consideration how he/she is going to combine the passion along with making a decent living. Being a piano teacher, for example, may be practical. There has to be a balance. Hmm..just thought of something. Be a party/club organizer. Have certain ppl meetup in a certain place. These ppl could be music lovers. Now, you have to think about what kind of party you want and what kind of music theme you want. And, what fee to charge members.

I just thought of this. This isn't the only thing. It's just an example.

@Tiny Nietzsche I think you need to dig deeper about piano and then think broader about the new ideas you got when thinking deeper.

• Why piano, why not guitar?
  • What is it that you love about the piano?
  • Do you want to create music or be very good at playing other's music?
  • Do you like the instrument itself or the music it can create?
  • What is it that you love the most about this very broad field of mastery called piano?

Can you condense what you love the most about piano and channel it into something else?