Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cxsxlx

Preacher who died trying to emulate Jesus’ fast...a potential Mahasamadhi case?

5 posts in this topic

Very possible, as long as you drink water with salt in it you can easily go very long without food, if your healthy. Many people have broken jesus''s record. One guy went over a 100 days (he was massively obese though) and going 40 has been done many times safetly as long as you have at least some fat stores, but it is very dangerous if you are already lean (don't know this guy's condition) . I've gone 14 days myself and It has massive health and spirtual benifits, once you push past 6-7 days and combine with other spirtual practice its starts becoming similar to  psychedelic's but sustained and more in the background  with brutal in your face peaks and peaceful peaks , your ego becomes much thiner and spirtual progress is much quicker. But unlike psycdelics it's less wildly discombobulated amd more solid so any deep work is integrated much better.

I've seen a woman on youtube who was over 90 days of fasting using just minerals and water, she was skinny to begin with and easily could have gone longer.

14 hours ago, cxsxlx said:

what do you think of the chances of this guy realizing such profoundness that he decided to leave the body consciously?

Why would someone leave their body on purpose upon realizing profoundness? Leo has realised plenty of profoundness and he's not in a hurry to kill himself. Neither has Sadhguru. I haven't heard of any spiritual master leaving the body early. It doesn't make sense.

My money's on: forgot to take his sodium and potassium and had a heart failure, because he didn't know how to fast safely.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

It’s a thought experiment to understand paradox 

That has turned into “spirituality” 

Edited by Aakash

Sadhguru’s wife allegedly did when their daughter was very young. I believe he was planning on it, as well, before a divine intervention.