Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Natasha

Masculine and Feminine Love

51 posts in this topic

Leo mentioned these in his recent video, so I have been contemplating. This, of course, goes beyond gender differences. The energies that destroy and create, give and receive, fight and make peace, etc. - all in order to keep the impermanence in harmony and balance. We see these within ourselves, in nature, in relationships, and various other dynamics of reality. Though they may seem opposite to each other, they are also complimentary and can't exist without each other.

Would like to hear more insights from the community.

The raw reality of “life” as it is... is masculine love. 

The reality that allows you to create your own fantasies and delusions ontop of the raw reality is feminine love. That is unconditional love by masculine love. 

“ I’ve had a couple of girlfriends, it seems that when you let them do what ever they want. That’s when they are most happiest. ??‍♂️ Problem solved. This is why 

disney got all up in their mind and over emphasised imagination of a perfect “kiss” and “life” 

p.s this bracketed speech is a joke” 

however, I will provoke your mind and ask you this, 

if culture is always changing , then when is the distinction for feminine love vs masculine love absolute ? 

Edited by Aakash

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

if culture is always changing , then when is the distinction for feminine love vs masculine love absolute ? 

Sounds like another paradox of reality that the mind will try to make sense of. But it can't. I would say there is no clear distinction. Like a mother bear would give birth and nurture her cubs (feminine) and the next minute would be ready to fight off whatever can harm them (masculine).

@Truth Addict Good one.

Would you, guys, say that the masculine love would also require making tougher decisions? Like having to kill something in order to provide food for the offspring. Or to pull life support off a loved one at the hospital?

@Natasha

Right there is no distinctions. Both the masculine and feminine as a sum total make up the total expressions of love. 

As far as the absolute love goes feminine and Masculine wise. 

Looking at truth addicts picture up top. 

When you think about it 

is survival masculine or feminine love truly ? 

14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Natasha

Exactly! This distinction is made-up.

Love is one.

@Truth Addict it may be true that there are no distinctions however, for understanding purposes. It is useful to identify correct distinctions of the types of loves and unify them in their oneness. 

Masculine and feminine love are happening within context. I had a definitive answer for the question ? and Natasha it was not that no distinctions can be made 

@Aakash

12 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Both, but would be expressed in different ways. Nursing a wounded/dying (feminine) and later letting them move on (masculine). The latter would be much harder to endure emotionally, because of the act of detachment.

@Natasha I was hoping for a definitive answer ? between feminine and masculine 

Edited by Aakash

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Natasha you are confusing the two ideas. I was hoping for a definitive answer ?

that was not both 

I don't have a definite answer yet, that's why I created this thread.

@Natasha i see, By definitive I just meant masculine or feminine without saying that it’s both. Basically which one you think is more correct... not definitively know it to be 

Is survival masculine or feminine ? 

Edited by Aakash

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

Is survival masculine or feminine ? 

I want to say they're two sides of the same coin.

All ideas, insights, and distinctions break down and kneel before Love.

Yes, you can use the help of maps, but maps are not the territory. Make sure you got this right before proceeding.

Now, how you operate and what results you are hoping for are not really up to you. Leave it up to your emotions, they know better.

@Natasha they are identical without distinction but how ? 

In its relative sense they are both love for survival. This means that survival is feminine love. The unconditional love which allowed survival to take place is now masculine love. 

To which absolute love, is now masculine love which is identical to feminine love. Life (survival) = feminine love and death (nothingness) = masculine love. 

If you realise carefully that what I’ve said. Life is identical to death and therefore it’s absolute love. 

Leo: it seems I will give godel, Escher and ba a read, I don’t have the knowledge to break down ideologies at will by resolving paradoxes. After a while it seems like that is the only book one should read lol 

Edited by Aakash

Great thread, I've been contemplating this a lot lately too.

I don't believe that one gives and one takes or one creates and one destroys, they each do both. 

The feminine is passion, inspiration, desire and sensuality. The masculine is power, righteousness (the word is loaded with distracting religious connotations but that's not how I mean it), calculation, action.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw they are terms for acceptance of what is. 

Love = acceptance 

therefore love is identical to truth 

because truth is identical to what is. 

Life is a triangle, always a trinity. That’s why sadhguru said female energy has 3 points ;) 

Edited by Aakash

4 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Natasha they are identical without distinction but how ? 

In its relative sense they are both love for survival. This means that survival is feminine love. The unconditional love which allowed survival to take place is now masculine love. 

To which absolute love, is now masculine love which is identical to feminine love. Life (survival) = feminine love and death (nothingness) = masculine love. 

If you realise carefully that what I’ve said. Life is identical to death and therefore it’s absolute love. 

As I'm still processing my beloved dog's passing and after having listened to Leo's recent video on Love- Pt. 2, this makes perfect sense to me why I feel the way I do. All my nurturing and care of him in his health and then illness (feminine) lead me to face and endure his eminent end (masculine). The masculine part is what was the hardest to endure for both him and myself, and that's where the most healing has to slowly to take place for me. And I wonder if he also sensed the coming separation and instinctively accepted the masculine love even as he was dying. These are the things that have been on my mind lately.

The healing process is already taking place :), take as much time as you need. Truth will always wait until you are ready. 

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. 

Ask around and get more information, recontextualising your direct experience is a healthy act of recovery :) 

"You don't actually wash your hands ,they wash each other and you just look at them."

Something I read on Facebook, just now.