Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kensho

I woke up... Eckart Tolle

8 posts in this topic

I 'd like to share an incident that happened to me three years ago. It was a typical relaxed summer period and I was alone in a house by the sea for some days.

One morning, the moment I opened my eyes I felt something I hadn't felt before. A strange warm sensation all around, not snugness but in a deeper sense, warmth in a core level. I didn't think anything of it, just laid there for a few minutes feeling and enjoying it. I got out of bed and went in the kitchen-living room space. I sat on the sofa looking around and everything looked so fresh like I was seeing it for the first time. At some point I got the feeling that a coffee would be a good idea so I got out of the house to go to the nearby cafeteria.  The experience of walking outside was overwhelming in a good way. I felt like I was getting so much information from anything I was seeing. Everything looked beautiful. The trees, the buildings, I looked at it like they were a spectacle. Two people passed by and I was amazed from the sensation I got by seeing them. A warm sense of connection, a smile coming in my face. 

At that moment I thought "wait, all this is very strange. Beautiful, but strange. Something is happening here". And then, I thought of the answer. "Oh, I m not thinking!!!!" 

And bam...that was it. Instantly the dream ended. Thoughts started again, things got their usual feel, i was back to... normal :|

At that time, I was already into self development material, had read about the concept of ego, enlightenment, how monkey chatter comes from the ego etc. , therefore I was able to realize what was happening, hence the "Oh, i am not thinking" realization.But I didn't have much of an experience so I could not exactly identify or name the whole thing, until two years after, I had an ego-death during a strong shroom trip and stayed in the exact same state for two hours. I got out of the house and everything looked amazing and new in the same way as that day. During the shroom trip I thought again "oh, yes, i m not thinking. My mind is blank", and yes it was. But that didn't end the experience.  I sat down looking around watching my mind and not a single thought was coming. Complete emptiness.

Another realization came when I read Eckhart Tolle's book "The power of now" where he describes his enlightement experience and quotes: 

"I opened my eyes. The first light of dawn was filtering through the curtains. That soft luminosity filtering through the curtains was love itself. "

Yes! Yes! That was exactly what I felt that day. He continues:

"I got up and walked around the room. I recognized the room, and yet I knew that I had never truly seen it before. Everything was fresh and pristine, as if it had just come into existence. I picked up things, a pencil, an empty bottle, marvelling at the beauty and aliveness of it all.

That day I walked around the city in utter amazement at the miracle of life on earth, as if I had just been born into this world."

Precisely!! It was exactly like that. 

All I can say is that Eckhart Tolle is veeeeery lucky. That experience was so amazing that would make anyone do their best to get back there again and if possible, to have it all the time.

I had no psychedelics during that period, but I was consuming Gotu Kola 2x900mg every day and meditated for an hour daily to brain-hemisphere synchronization binaural beats. I meditated to the beats just before going to bed the previous night. Gotu Kola it is said to develop the crown chakra which is the energy center at the top of the head and to balance the right and left hemispheres of the brain. I ve read that chronic meditation alters brain chemistry balancing the brain hemispheres. Maybe brain hemisphere balance that has to do with ego and enlightenment. I don't know... 

My questions are:

Did I woke up enlightened? 

Is this what enlightened people feel 24/7 ?

@Leo Gura Was that what you felt when you uploaded the enlightenment live video?

Why did it happen?

Why did it last for about 20 minutes and then ended contrary to Eckhart Tolle's permanent change ?

Why did it ended the moment I thought "Oh I am not thinking", but the same thought didn't cease it during the shroom trip?

Did the gotu kola and binaural beats cause it?

What do you think?

You're talking about here is dual vs nondual states of consciousness.

In a nondual state of consciousness the notion of a self is missing. You and reality are one. Subject and object are one.

How long it lasts can vary depending on many factors. It could last a minute or a lifetime.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're talking about here is dual vs nondual states of consciousness.

In a nondual state of consciousness the notion of a self is missing. You and reality are one. Subject and object are one.

How long it lasts can vary depending on many factors. It could last a minute or a lifetime.

OK, i understand your non-dual perspective, but what would we call a monkey-chatter-free mind? What would happen if one stayed long enough in that state?

Zen masters reply to "what is enlightenment? ", "When I am hungry, i eat. When I am sleepy I sleep". It's a similar state. 

1 hour ago, Kensho said:

what would we call a monkey-chatter-free mind? What would happen if one stayed long enough in that state?

If the mind is deeply stilled a nondual state of consciousness will eventually set in, because duality is created by an active mind.

But merely 5 minutes of stillness will not be enough. You need long periods of stillness over many days, weeks, months, years. It can't just be a temporary stillness, the mind actually has to rewire itself to be less active by default.

From stillness insight can arise. This insight leads to enlightenment.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If the mind is deeply stilled a nondual state of consciousness will eventually set in, because duality is created by an active mind.

But merely 5 minutes of stillness will not be enough. You need long periods of stillness over many days, weeks, months, years. It can't just be a temporary stillness, the mind actually has to rewire itself to be less active by default.

From stillness insight can arise. This insight leads to enlightenment.

I see. Thank you

Not everybody is ready for a spontaneous awakening though. In this case, the guy couldn't bear the change. 

Edited by Kensho

@Leo Gura Are you constantly in a monkey-chatter-free mind? 

What is your baseline level of consciousness in a sober state nowadays?

On 8/29/2019 at 3:31 PM, Socrates said:

@Leo Gura Are you constantly in a monkey-chatter-free mind? 

What is your baseline level of consciousness in a sober state nowadays?

No not at all. I wish!!

The effect lasted for about 20 minutes. Nowadays I have my ordinary monkey chatter mind. 

Having thoughtless Awareness 24/7 is not a feeling, you are who you are with the added benefit of the quiet mind as a undercurrent always, you can think what you want and you can not think and just be aware of the moment, moment by moment as you go bout your worldly responsibilities.

Basically you're a balanced individual, who doesn't get carried away when the world or workload gets tense.

It's not a feeling, it can be seen daily in the curious eyes of a child.