kieranperez

Question on Ralstons Courses

5 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura and anyone else, have any of you guys taken any of Ralstons courses? Which do you recommend? I personally really want to take Transcending Self and the one on Contemplation. Does Ralston (regardless of courses or workshops) ever go into what the different domains and ways of learning? When I hear him talk about this on YouTube I’m stunned no one is ever yelling “what the hell did you say? I could learn how to do that?!?!” I really want to learn how I can question, observe, investigate, learn, etc. as openly and powerfully as he does. 

I went to the ENB (experiencing the nature of being) workshop.  He reccomends that one first.  

I found we went through a diversity of material and exercises.  The majority of the format was being read and taught different concepts as a group and then doing individual guided contemplation and also diad work (partner contemplations).  

I found it was illuminating, difficult (especially the exercises where you had a partner and had to say aloud any thought that entered your mind :)), and frustrating.... 

I think the biggest thing I learned was that anyone can see their true nature.  Regular folks can do it.

That was generally and briefly my experience.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 I’m curious... what is he like in person? I don’t mean from some place of like “does he radiate love and bliss?!” and what not but what is it like to talk to him, listen to him, and be around him?

I talk to Brendan Lea a bit now on Facebook but try not to ask questioning that may come off as though they from a place of fantasy. 

He has many videos of his workshop on his yt channel so if you want to get a feel of him you can watch that.

9 hours ago, wavydude said:

He has many videos of his workshop on his yt channel so if you want to get a feel of him you can watch that.

Seeing a YouTube video doesn’t replace knowing what someone is like in person ;)