Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Self Inquiry Advice

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been practicing self inquiry recently by bouncing my awareness between two points, like my visual field and my hand for example, and then by trying to turn this awareness on itself or on the general sense of perception I feel during meditation. However, whenever I do this I feel a lot of resistance and I can't maintain the attention for more than a few seconds. I understand single pointed attention on awareness itself over time is what will lead to an enlightenment experience, but i'm wondering if there is something I can do to increase the amount of time I actually spend focused on awareness itself. Does this sound like i'm on the path or is there anything i'm missing? Any insights would be appreciated.

Who is aware that you cant maintain your focus try to go to that place is it your nose, leg, head aware or there is something witnessing all of them 

Edited by SriBhagwanYogi

@SriBhagwanYogi I don't how to describe what I think is the watcher, but in those moments my concentration sort of snaps I can always try and re orient my awareness to the watcher. But constantly refocusing my awareness to the watcher seems like its too forced but Idk.

Something is aware of that being forced dont think ask Who is aware and find that one. 

You can actually try to rise questions to make your attention to stay on awareness. 

Like this. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@SriBhagwanYogi  But isn't it true that sustained focus on the "one" is necessary to break through? Do you think if I solved your riddle/question in the moment that it would be sufficient to break through?

@SriBhagwanYogi Does the ego go beyond the feeling of "I" in the mind? I no longer feel identified strongly with the "I" in my mind even though most my life still operates through this "I". So do you think I have incorrectly identified the witness during my self-inquiry and when I turn attention on the witness I am simply turning attention towards more ego? 

I will begin to watch Mooji, thanks for the recommendation.