Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phoenixx

Questions about reality

56 posts in this topic

Hi Leo,

First of all, I want to thank you for your video about reality and infinite consciousness. It truly helped me gain a deeper awareness of what is and opened the door to new possibilities. But I have certain doubts about "my" imagination and I often find myself questioning the nature of reality and consciousness.

Here are the questions:

1. If the flowing of time is an illusion constructed within our "brains", what can we do about it since everything is predetermined and nothing that we experience is under our control? We have no free will and time is just a persistent illusion, then how is this illusion the ultimate reality? Could there be something even more alien than that?

2. What do you think happens when we die? And why would we imagine something like this in the first place? Is it possible to be both dead and alive at the same time but we're just not aware of it? Think about the Schrodinger's Cat.

3. Do you think we could somehow break the chains of our past and future and choose what to feel, think or imagine? It seems to me that there's no way out and everything that is, IS beyond our sense of self, space or motion.

In other words, to me consciousness is time... and time is just an illusion. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you :)

Edited by Phoenixx

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

1) Things are under the universe's control. But luckily you are the whole universe.

2) Death is something you're imagining right now.

3) Yes, you can break the chains of past and future by realizing that past and future are something you are imagining right now.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I kind of look at it like this,

1) Free will and predetermination are paradoxes. They are intertwined (to me). You can certainly direct your will (it appears) but you also are at the will of the universe.

2) I can't really offer any insight here, other than research and find what rings with you.

3) A huge part of self mastery is thought control. If you catch yourself having negative thoughts, reverse them. As thoughts later manifest into good or bad situations. I've heard it once better said "What we think, we become." The ALL is mind - Kybalion

Edited by poimandres

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Things are under the universe's control. But luckily you are the whole universe.

I understand the concept that this world I was born in will die with my physical death. But "me" is just a fragment in this sea of information and information is everything that has been and will ever be. So I don't think it's fair to say that I am the whole universe but I'm a part of it.

2) Death is something you're imagining right now.

But imagination is not the same thing with hallucinations or human consciousness of space-time limitations. Consciousness is time and time appears to be just an illusion. Why our minds cannot grasp the simultaneity of the reality?

3) Yes, you can break the chains of past and future by realizing that past and future are something you are imagining right now.

I am aware of that but I'm still stuck in the space-time limitations. "Mind over matter" doesn't work, I am still codependent on everything.

2 hours ago, Phoenixx said:

I understand the concept that this world I was born in will die with my physical death. But "me" is just a fragment in this sea of information and information is everything that has been and will ever be. So I don't think it's fair to say that I am the whole universe but I'm a part of it.

But imagination is not the same thing with hallucinations or human consciousness of space-time limitations. Consciousness is time and time appears to be just an illusion. Why our minds cannot grasp the simultaneity of the reality?

I am aware of that but I'm still stuck in the space-time limitations. "Mind over matter" doesn't work, I am still codependent on everything.

You are the universe in the sense that you were unlimited and then decided to incarnate as what you are now. You are still the universe, you just aren't conscious of it. I'll expand on the example of Leo's latest video. If you look at yourself in the mirror, and I ask you "Is that you?" You would most definitely reply "Yes," and move on. In a sense it is not you in the small scale, that image doesn't embody you because you are on the outside of the mirror. In the grand scheme of things, that reflection is you in the mirror (minus some attributes). The same with the universe. In the small scale, you are looking at your reflection and going "that's not me" but in the grand scheme of things, it is (minus attributes like a stable physical form).

Point 3 sounds like karma. Which is possible to change. Because we perceive time linearly, plan for the future and start changing your beliefs now. When the future arrives, you will be different. It's like lifting weights, or building up a saving account, these things require the passage of time.

@Phoenixx Open your mind more and be here to learn new things which you may have never considered.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, poimandres said:

Point 3 sounds like karma. Which is possible to change. Because we perceive time linearly, plan for the future and start changing your beliefs now. When the future arrives, you will be different. It's like lifting weights, or building up a saving account, these things require the passage of time.

I don't think I can change anything, that's the problem. It feels to me that the entire existence is predetermined and nothing that happens to us can be altered. It might look as if things can be changed because they are supposed to be in a certain way but it is not us or our consciousness doing this.

After all, our individual consciousness is finite. In an infinite reality, time makes no sense. No matter what the ultimate truth is, there's something strange about time that my mind cannot comprehend.

9 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

I don't think I can change anything, that's the problem. It feels to me that the entire existence is predetermined and nothing that happens to us can be altered. It might look as if things can be changed because they are supposed to be in a certain way but it is not us or our consciousness doing this.

After all, our individual consciousness is finite. In an infinite reality, time makes no sense. No matter what the ultimate truth is, there's something strange about time that my mind cannot comprehend.

You are limited by your imagination. You do have the power to change things, this is the biggest point (sacred mysteries) of all religions, you are God, period.

Edited by poimandres

13 minutes ago, poimandres said:

You are limited by your imagination. You do have the power to change things, this is the biggest point of all religions, you are God, period.

God is infinite, I am finite. How can I be God when I am trapped in space and time?

Or let's say that God is a paradox (both finite and infinite), yet I'm not all over the place. I still have biological needs and depend on a car to move from one point to another. How can I become infinite when I AM finite?

Edited by Phoenixx

3 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

God is infinite, I am finite. How can I be God when I am trapped in space and time?

13 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

Sorry about the formatting, can't figure out how to delete the multiquotes on my phone.

The teachings work by giving symbolism, myth, math, and allegory. Look up Vitruvian Man as an example. Allegorically speaking, your imagination is not limited by space and time, or a mirror of the infinite, your body the squared circle (symbolically speaking). Physical things are temporal, so you are down here to learn (I'm doing the same). You haven't realized your own power to create, sustain, and destroy, without this, you will not believe you have the power to make changes on the future or "Actualize".

9 minutes ago, poimandres said:

The teachings work by giving symbolism, myth, math, and allegory. Look up Vitruvian Man as an example. Allegorically speaking, your imagination is not limited by space and time, or a mirror of the infinite, your body the squared circle (symbolically speaking). Physical things are temporal, so you are down here to learn (I'm doing the same). You haven't realized your own power to create, sustain, and destroy, without this, you will not believe you have the power to make changes on the future or "Actualize".

"My" imagination is limited by space and time because I'm a part (not apart) of space and time.

The whole universe as we "know" it is made of temporal stuff. The stars, people and some creepy aliens out there might be gone in a different reality.

Things like "learning", "changes", "Vitruvian Man with 2 or 4 legs/eyes/hands" or "colors" are all part of our physical perception and are nothing but human concepts.

So how can this space-time perception be objective when it's just a product of our subjective minds?

5 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

"My" imagination is limited by space and time because I'm a part (not apart) of space and time.

The whole universe as we "know" it is made of temporal stuff. The stars, people and some creepy aliens out there might be gone in a different reality.

Things like "learning", "changes", "Vitruvian Man with 2 or 4 legs/eyes/hands" or "colors" are all part of our physical perception and are nothing but human concepts.

So how can this space-time perception be objective when it's just a product of our subjective minds?

Ultimately, there's nothing I can say to prove it to you. This is the difference between the mysteries and anything else out there. It is the initiate's responsibility to prove it to him/herself. 

All I can say, if you are sincerely curious, you will ultimately reach the same conclusions as above.

That being said, what you seek in reality, you will find. Right now, you have a certain set of beliefs, and everywhere you look, you are finding those. I am doing the same thing, only with a different set of beliefs and another perspective.

@Phoenixx Imagine a dog barking at itself in the mirror, believing it was another dog. Now imagine the dog realizing that what he is looking at in the mirror is "me". It realizes itself. That would be a huge jump in consciousness. Yet this self is not the last bus stop. Let's level up. . . Imagine you are a human that thinks you are a self, now look in the mirror that is all around you and realize Yourself. It is another huge jump in consciousness. Until that is realized, the transcendent will be contextualized as a human and will be confusing. Just like how a dog contextualizes it's mirror image as a dog and is confused. A dog interprets it's mirror image is a separate dog and barks at it (themself). Similarly, humans interpret themself as separate from all things around them and will "bark" at others (Themself). . . Intellectual thinking like "yea, yea I get that" is insufficient. That is still at the human level. The realization is much deeper than figuring it out through thoughts and images.

48 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The realization is much deeper than figuring it out through thoughts and images.

How can you realize that you aren't separate without thoughts and images? Don't all the stimuli go hand in hand with self awareness?

Maybe thoughts and images are a projection of something greater than we will ever understand. Do you think that humans who don't question their own existence are somewhat inferior? Or just maybe they are living in their own realities? What about rocks, plants, trees? These aren't aware but they continue to exist through their own means. Life doesn't need to be aware of itself to be.

I think of ourselves as bits of information that create the ultimate reality. Diversity is what makes life interesting. Human concepts and senses are too narrow to comprehend the truth. We are not the most evolved species that will ever exist.

Edited by Phoenixx

9 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

How can you realize that you aren't separate without thoughts and images? Don't all the stimuli go hand in hand with self awareness?

The thoughts and images are just a reflection of a state of consciousness.

When that consciousness changes the thoughts and images change.

26 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

How can you realize that you aren't separate without thoughts and images? Doesn't all the stimuli go hand in hand with self awareness?

What "self" are you referring to? If the dog recognizes itself as 'me" in a mirror, it jumps up a conscious level. If the human recognizes "me" as "Me", it jumps up a conscious level. The dog will not recognize itself with standard dog consciousness, it needs to level up. Similarly, the human will not recognize Itself with human consciousness, it needs to level up. Human intellect and constructs won't cut it because that is within the human/personal realm. . .The term "level" isn't quite right, yet I don't know of a better term for this analogy.

Maybe thoughts and images are a projection of something greater than we will ever understand.

We can understand more, much more. Humans have limitations within infinite reality, yet humans are contracted much more than they realize. They grossly underestimate their potential due to being unaware of it.

Do you think that humans who don't question their own existence are somewhat inferior? 

No

What about rocks, plants, trees? These aren't aware but they continue to exist through their own means. Life doesn't need to be aware of itself to exist.

They aren't aware relative to a human construct/perspective of awareness. Nothing wrong with that. Yet a trans-human consciousness is not constrained to these human constructs. 

You ARE the plant and tree. Are You aware of that? 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You ARE the plant and tree. Are You aware of that? 

Nope. I'm just a human being trapped in space and time :)

What do you think about time?

Just now, Phoenixx said:

Nope. I'm just a human being trapped in space and time :)

If that is what you imagine yourself to be, then it is true.

1 minute ago, Phoenixx said:

What do you think about time?

Now is Reality. Past and future are imaginations happening Now. 

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

Now is Reality. Past and future are imaginations happening Now. 

How do you reconcile your reality with others reality? What is happening now it's not under our control. Past and future are both as real as the present moment.

27 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

The thoughts and images are just a reflection of a state of consciousness.

When that consciousness changes the thoughts and images change.

Sounds interesting but impractical to me. Can I change anything if I'm aware of this?