Peo

Can psychedelics help me psychological?

6 posts in this topic

I know people like to use psychedelics can give me an enlightenment experience. But there is little point in having an enlightenment experience if i come back and i'm still  addicted to gaming and other stuff. My question can psychedelics remove addiction and other obstacle to awakening like still buying into materialisme?

sorry if my english is shit.

I belong to the anti-drugs camp, so my advice is, if you have psychological problems like addiction, seek conventional psychological or medical help in parallel to your spiritual path. Taking psychedelics for this sounds risky to me.

Nick.

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

@Peo They can't remove it for you, no. Nothing can. Only you can. What they can help you with is to see more clearly the root of your addictions. If you genuinely want to know why you act the ways you act, they can work like a magnifying glass. But maybe start with more basic self help tools or therapy first before getting into psychedelics. 

Good old journaling can do a ton to help you investigate into your behaviour :)

1 hour ago, Peo said:

I know people like to use psychedelics can give me an enlightenment experience. But there is little point in having an enlightenment experience if i come back and i'm still  addicted to gaming and other stuff. My question can psychedelics remove addiction and other obstacle to awakening like still buying into materialisme?

sorry if my english is shit.

Materialism will melt away before your eyes never to return when you awaken to the nature of reality.  That only takes that particular awakening and it will be gone.

The more mystical experiences or awakenings you have the less suffering you will have - so keep at it.  Sight of the Ox signals the commencement of the hunt! 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Yes, but also don't expect it to do all the work for you. You still gotta take responsibility for your bad habits.

It's not just going to erase an addiction without any effort from you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

The more mystical experiences or awakenings you have the less suffering you will have - so keep at it.  

I would also like to add to this - make sure you don’t misinterpret what “more mystical experiences or awakenings you have” means.

This can easily turn into chasing experiences, and it most likely will in the beginning. You identified as an ego chasing is painful, yes, but suffer through it mindfully knowing that God is and has always been by your side, always.