Gidiot

Meta Sage and throwing our waste into space!

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

been reading the forum for a while now and excited to finally post.

So I subscribe to YouTuber called Meta Sage and definitely identify him as a stage turquoise+ individual.

Basically this video is a criticism of pollution and of stage orange capitalism.

What  caught my attention was the solution he has for all of this which he words in two brilliant questions.

Now I’m no scientist and the ethics of these proposals/statement are up for debate but logically it makes sense to me.

#1. What if we could turn waste (any type) into literal currency?

#2 Why don’t we launch our waste into the outer atmosphere aka space  instead of burying it? (Non recyclables) ...”space is literally made to occupy junk” haha, this will also incentivize space conscious society and could potentially help attract alien life.

Sage and I may be way wrong in this question but I’d like to hear some perspectives on this and why it’s not seriously considered today?

Here is the video

Something tells me that we'll need a lot of fuel for that.
We need that anti gravity tech badly :D

Yea absolutely. I mean I think this a position that should be taken seriously. There is like very minimal downside to it. It would cost $$$ but think of what you’d save.

Making waste into currency would only serve the purpose of spreading it out. Money is going spaceless/digital in the future.

And then with the idea of throwing it into space, to what extent would we do that? Until we are all standing on a little rock that used to be the earth?  But in the more short term, we never know what type of things could be re purposed with better technology. 

16 hours ago, Cocolove said:

Making waste into currency would only serve the purpose of spreading it out. Money is going spaceless/digital in the future.

And then with the idea of throwing it into space, to what extent would we do that? Until we are all standing on a little rock that used to be the earth?  But in the more short term, we never know what type of things could be re purposed with better technology. 

Yea man I think we should throw it all into space. The stuff that can’t be biodegraded and recycled. He also says that like 90% of potentially recycled materials aren’t being recycled. 

I really don't see the downside to it. How could you pollute space?