Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

Can you use the Sedona Method to channel emotions?

8 posts in this topic

So recently I decided to say “fuck it” and watch Leo’s oldest videos. From oldest to newest. Everyday I try to watch one. 

In the video down below Leo explains, among other things, how you can use the Sedona Method to deal with resistance.

Now I tried it on both resistance and nervousness and it seemed to work. I am planning to try it on any sexual feelings as well as anger and fear. 

My question: is this the same as channeling? Or is channeling different? 

(For the record I have no clue what channeling really is. All I ever heard about it is that you can channel your emotions.)

@Ampresus The Sedona Method is a 'drop-it / let it go' method. The same as the letting go technique by D. Hawkins. The video of Julien explains what a drop-it method is; 

Emotions = E(nergy in )motion. Channeling of emotions is being a super conductor (letting the energy passing through your body) for your emotions, as Leo explains in his older videos. It's noticing your emotions and let it pass, without attaching a story to it. The Sedona Method helps to do this, with the questions it's asking; could you let it go, would you let it go and when. 

The letting go method works, but not every emotion is the same. For example, it might work for overcoming shyness but not for fear of hights or visa versa. It depens on what underlying believes are active. This differs from person to person. So a combination of shadow-work (like 'the Work' Byron Katie, or 'Completion Process' Teal Swan), a letting go technique (Sedona Method or Letting Go by Hawkins), breath-work, meditation and whatever helps to become more aware works. Trail and error is the path.

Remember 'whatever is rejected from the Self, appears in the world as an event'. So whatever you want to work on, it will be in your awareness and you will feel heavy emotions about it until you really resolve it of have let go of it. The sign that you resolve the issue is; there will be no energy left in the emotion. Not emotion-less, but no energy (you're not triggered).

Wish you the best of luck on your journey ?

This is very interesting. Can you recommend some more books or resources to understand these techniques? 

@Quicksilver Yes, ofcourse;

- Best book ever, changed my life; Letting Go, the Pathway of Surrender - David R. Hawkins

Sedona Method book, is oke, but YouTube works fine to understand it, skip introduction, starts at 6.00; 

I have started reading the book, I'm a few chapters in. 

What I don't fully understand is how the actual letting go is supposed to be done? 

Is it through contemplation? Thinking or meditating about it? 

Or something more active? 

Ive managed to cleanse myself of some issues by putting myself in situations where I can live through my worst fears for example and that has helped letting go but how cam you in practice do that for every piece of baggage you have? 

If I am afraid of being a failure, or being perceived as a failure for example, should I be thinking about it, or live through something like it? 

1 minute ago, Quicksilver said:

I have started reading the book, I'm a few chapters in. 

What I don't fully understand is how the actual letting go is supposed to be done? 

Is it through contemplation? Thinking or meditating about it? 

Or something more active? 

Ive managed to cleanse myself of some issues by putting myself in situations where I can live through my worst fears for example and that has helped letting go but how cam you, in practice, do that for every piece of baggage you have? 

If I am afraid of being a failure, or being perceived as a failure for example, should I be thinking about it, or live it through somehow? 

@Quicksilver the letting go process as explained in the books is done by allowing the feelings in your body and observing them. Eventually in time they will dissolve 

It's a feeling process, not a thinking process 

Edited by d0ornokey