TheAvatarState

Circular reasoning strikes again: Maslow's hierarchy of needs

4 posts in this topic

Wow, Leo was absolutely right. Scientists really do not see the flaws in their reasoning. They think this is true science! In this article, the higher self-actualization needs from Maslow's pyramid were "examined" to come from base biological needs like attention seeking, thus de-mystifying and dumbing it down. But what the scientists didn't see, is that their whole game was rigged from the start. They only looked through the lens of dumb evolutionary biology (survival of the fittest) in their assessment, and furthermore, exhibited a complete lack of understanding of self-actualization itself. 

Read it for yourself:

https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/self-actualization-gene?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

From what I've gathered in my investigations into this, is that materialist scientists are almost always projecting their own latent social/emotional views onto any sort study that seeks to understand sociology, human dynamics, etc. from a "biological" point of view.

I'll try to explain - why would someone promote science that says the world/society is just a series of inter-related material processes populated by beings that have to live a brutal, cut-throat existence just to survive in this cold, uncaring world? Because they themselves, in their emotional core, feel this way about reality! They feel like they're lost, distressed animals in a brutal, Darwinian nightmare that is only made somewhat bearable by advanced technology and that gives them some respite until their inevitable annihilation. If you've grown up in a capitalist, materialist world that values money and technology above all else, if you've been actively told that spirituality and mystical states of consciousness are the purview of the deluded (or even worse, the "savage"), if you've been told that no one fundamentally cares for you except out the vague "goodness" of complex society, then of course you're going to promote science that reinforces these ideas! The idea that Love is THE fundamental, animating force of existence is completely alien to these people, because they have been conditioned in such a world that has utterly crushed and denied such a possibility.

Anyway. That was my rant. Maybe someone could take something away from it.

Edited by Apparition of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Wow, Leo was absolutely right. Scientists really do not see the flaws in their reasoning. They think this is true science! In this article, the higher self-actualization needs from Maslow's pyramid were "examined" to come from base biological needs like attention seeking, thus de-mystifying and dumbing it down. But what the scientists didn't see, is that their whole game was rigged from the start. They only looked through the lens of dumb evolutionary biology (survival of the fittest) in their assessment, and furthermore, exhibited a complete lack of understanding of self-actualization itself. 

Read it for yourself:

https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/self-actualization-gene?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3

Lol