Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Does god at some point just reveal itself to us or do we have to actively seek it?

5 posts in this topic

Hi there. 

Id like to say i know we are all god but what I am curious to know is if transcendental experiences are the inner light/god/universal consciousness having made the decision that it is finally time for that particular person to transcend it realize itself. 

Or is it more like random andwe have to actively procure it through hard consciousness work like years of meditation and yoga and so on. 

I am asking because there seem to be so many people that just out of nowhere get enlightened and/or experience a transcendental state., and they maybe haven't even known these things before. 

And others do years of meditation and still do not get there. 

Maybe even all the hard consciousness work is gods decision to finally wake up and reveal itself, but is more through coincidental procuring and testing and working until finally getting there or is it god preparing this at the right time. 

Spontaneous transcendental experiences, how could they be explained in this matter? 

Aside from spontaneous experiences there I also include experiences like near death ones

Edited by Schahin

It's a universal question - the chicken or the egg?  Some people say that awakening will happen when it is ready to happen, and that those drawn to the path are  already in the process of waking up.  Others say that those who do a spiritual practice become more 'accident prone' to awakening.  The overarching "story" from those who have awakened is that ultimately it is down to grace.  The ego self cannot "cause" awakening to happen, because it is not happening to the ego self.  If you feel the call to awakening, it is likely that consciousness is calling you, not the other way around.

Edited by Freakyboo

@Schahin Study, contemplate, understand, how you create suffering. Empty of beliefs, of the catch-all self & the self deceptive I, of self-delusion, of all speciousness; uproot even your cavil. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You must actively seek it, otherwise the whole world would be awake, and hardly anyone is.

Some very spiritually advanced folks have spontaneous awakenings. But this is extremely rare for the most and not something you can rely on.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.