Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadowraix

I can't locate resistance

4 posts in this topic

This is really bizarre to me. Most of the time it is extremely difficult to bring me into a phase of resistance. It does happen though. When I try to self reflect on where it's coming from, it seems to come from nowhere. Almost feels like it originates from being rather than a thought based process. But this makes it kinda difficult to learn surrender. Most of my work to this point has been unraveling my intellectual mind and resolving where thought causes problems. 

"resistance" is rather vague, but it could just be a learned reflex.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

When I try to self reflect on where it's coming from, it seems to come from nowhere. Almost feels like it originates from being rather than a thought based process.

That's precisely correct! This is the direct non-mediated type of resistance. It comes from the same place as everything else, nowhere. It emerges from nothing. The only difference is that now you've uncovered the thoughts that used to be the medium where resistance used to occur.

So, now you're facing resistance head-on as the 'final boss' kind of thing.

What works for me is not trying to do anything at all, not even trying to change the situation, and then fully embracing the resistance until I merge with it and turn it into flow.

Remember that the final boss is, after all, you.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:44 AM, Truth Addict said:

That's precisely correct! This is the direct non-mediated type of resistance. It comes from the same place as everything else, nowhere. It emerges from nothing. The only difference is that now you've uncovered the thoughts that used to be the medium where resistance used to occur.

So, now you're facing resistance head-on as the 'final boss' kind of thing.

What works for me is not trying to do anything at all, not even trying to change the situation, and then fully embracing the resistance until I merge with it and turn it into flow.

Remember that the final boss is, after all, you.

Thanks for this. This seems to resonate very well with me.