Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Howard

0 Creativity

8 posts in this topic

I realized that I have 0 creativity when it comes to developing a career. All I have ever known when it comes to careers is applying for jobs, and when I get the job, I just simply do what I am told.

How do some of you find connections between what you are skilled at and what is relevant in the modern world, or finding ways to start a business revolved around something you are interested in?

What is it that you love to do?

Sailing on the ceiling 

1 hour ago, Howard said:

How do some of you find connections between what you are skilled at and what is relevant in the modern world, or finding ways to start a business revolved around something you are interested in?

You are living in the modern world, right?

So that means it's all available for you already...the tools you need I mean.

Creativity is a very tricky thing. It's like Sadguru's flower metaphor. You have to create the right conditions for the flower to grow and develop. You can't just will a flower into existence.  Same with creativity. The more you try to force it, the harder it becomes. Create the right conditions for an idea to automatically come to you.

Edited by Chuco

2 hours ago, Rigel said:

What is it that you love to do?

I  like digital art, but as far as my vision goes right now, is finding a company to work for.... I have interests in psychology and fitness/movement, but I am very passionate about spirituality/yogic/meditation culture.... still trying to figure out a way to bridge something together.... It doesn't have to be all of it. 

2 hours ago, Chuco said:

You are living in the modern world, right?

So that means it's all available for you already...the tools you need I mean.

Creativity is a very tricky thing. It's like Sadguru's flower metaphor. You have to create the right conditions for the flower to grow and develop. You can't just will a flower into existence.  Same with creativity. The more you try to force it, the harder it becomes. Create the right conditions for an idea to automatically come to you.

I know. I'm just a little bit desperate in the moment lol. Do you have an experience to share on how you created the right conditions?

You're overthinking things.

Just do whatever you feel makes the most sense.

The process is not linear, you won't just know how to get to your dream career directly.

When starting out, it's mostly just blindly bumbling about trying to get a feel of things.

It seems to me that you are afraid to commit to something

You Howard is not the one being creative. Creativity happens on it's own when you let your fears aside and you just lose yourself in whatever it is that you want to do.

Indecisiveness is a sneaky trap that your mind creates to stand still in its comfort zone.

My advise would be to choose something and dig it. After a couple of months, if you see that it's REALLY not right for you it is always time to change the path you're on :)

Creativity is also intrinsically linked to mastery. That's why I am suggesting you dig deep on one thing that you love!

Sailing on the ceiling 

On 8/2/2019 at 8:04 AM, Rigel said:

It seems to me that you are afraid to commit to something

You Howard is not the one being creative. Creativity happens on it's own when you let your fears aside and you just lose yourself in whatever it is that you want to do.

Indecisiveness is a sneaky trap that your mind creates to stand still in its comfort zone.

My advise would be to choose something and dig it. After a couple of months, if you see that it's REALLY not right for you it is always time to change the path you're on :)

Creativity is also intrinsically linked to mastery. That's why I am suggesting you dig deep on one thing that you love!

Thank you my friend