Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Is everything a symbol in the universe?

6 posts in this topic

I heard someone on an astrologytalk say everything is a symbol in the world/universe. 

For example when you see a black cat that has a meaning either for you in thtatmoment or for your life or in general, as cats are somewhat special to the human safety? (also heard this from someone). 

Symbols can be guides in your life therefore. 

Or that seeing a beautiful butterfly also has its own meaning. 

Apart from the moonphases of course where a widespread belief thinks that they influence the mood of one person. 

Does anybody know more about this and could probably recommend books about it to get more knowledge? 

Edited by Schahin

What is this "book" thing you speak of? :P

@Schahin this is a very interesting question you raise. 

I think some people may think that the idea of seeing a black cat as having a particular meaning is ridiculous.  You can lead life perfectly well without putting meaning into black cats. It's just a cat, and it's black.

But I wouldn't dismiss it entirely. 

The world is awash with symbolism. From advertising to news, language, rational thought, science, mathematics and so on. Human beings are defined by the symbols they use and meanings they attach to them, they will even die for them.

To recognise or be aware of anything at all in the world, it needs to be turned into a symbolic representation by you. The representation is then slotted into a web of interlinked symbols, which allows you to attach "meaning" and "context" to the symbol. A symbol is ALWAYS a simplification and generalisation of part of reality. This is why symbolic thinking (e.g. science), can never equate to reality.

It is possible to experience reality in a non-symbolic way (i.e. non-duality), but realisation of that is difficult to say the least.

I do think that there are subtle undertones to the way symbols pop-up in day to day life. People talk about synchronicities and Law of Attraction (forced synchronicity). After all, what exactly is generating all the symbols in the first place? The answer is: the same thing that is generating reality.

All stories and explanations are false.

Symbols are a way in which duality starts to collapse. They are a visual form of synchronicity. Symbols can spark insights, give guidance or just be purely fun and reassuring. Often they are like a present from the universe, (like an Easter egg hidden by you, for you to find). All you have to do to see more of them is become more aware of what you see, have an open mind and have faith and understanding that you create your reality. 

You know how when you start to notice a certain model of car, you start to see them EVERYWHERE? We were always told that that's how the brain works, it sorts through lots of information to only notice what's important. While that is still true in a way, nonduality and the knowledge of how your thoughts create your reality changes that phenomenon to something much deeper and more profound. Symbols are a way that we can see glitches in the illusion of reality and start to see through it. Study and really understand the law of attraction, (I really recommend Abraham Hicks!) and you'll see more of anything you want, whether it be symbols or anything else. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I haven’t finished reading this but might check it out if you’re interested...written by a psychic medium 

23CB9A5E-6C57-4C00-B32A-32D7AF1993DE.jpeg

067C2321-61F2-4B05-8520-7682BBB9B3E5.jpeg

Edited by DrewNows

32 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I haven’t finished reading this but might check it out if you’re interested...written by a psychic medium 

23CB9A5E-6C57-4C00-B32A-32D7AF1993DE.jpeg

067C2321-61F2-4B05-8520-7682BBB9B3E5.jpeg

That is a great recommendarion, something like that i was looking for thank you

@DrewNows That looks amazing!!! 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost