Bryanbrax

The truth about sports

5 posts in this topic

I feel like I've lost some brain cells watching this video.

IMO it's right that the sports industry is really a huge deception, this is utterly obvious. But the conclusion that this is because of an elite conspiracy is really fucking dumb. The sports industry is just a result of what we value as capitalists societies. Football players work hard, often times look good, drive big cars and have hot girlfriends. They are stage orange rolemodels. You can watch these rolemodels via television for pleasure if you want. Side note: Beware of William Cooper bs. 

@Bryanbrax if this is REALLY how you view the entire domain of athletics than that’s really sad. This video is so mayopic. 

You can point to ANY domain in human culture and point out the limitation, the chimpery, etc. This isn’t exclusive to sports. Spiritual people, philosophically minded people, etc. are not immune to this. 

Yes sports can very tribal. So is pretty much any culture. As is the entire human condition. 

I can show you HIGHLY evolved athletes and sport cultures. Professional ones at that. 

Youre pointing at the stage of development of modern mainstream athletics. 

Being an athlete can be tool to inspire yourself and others. It can be one of, if not the highest tool for personal growth and understanding for some. It can be the highest form of self expression for some people. It can be a domain of true genius creativity. It’s a domain where you learn some of the greatest lessons about life. It’s a domain that can teach you great work ethic and build character and self confidence and self esteem. You can build great communities through them. You can connect with the world, and the natural world at that. You can see the grace that comes with being a human being. 

I’m very critical of how deluded the mainstream sports culture is. So don’t misunderstand me here. However, to say sports is some entire low consciousness thing is just bullshit at the end of the day. 

@kieranperez completely agree! 

Seems some people are so anti sports here which doesn’t make sense to me.

I see it as a very viable life purpose even, as like music you can provide entertainment with others, as well as all the benefits you listed, and can express love and joy etc in your performances and even in your practice, I see sport as an amazing art form in a number of ways! 

For example, you can give people joy and entertainment through your career as something like a football player, while being conscious and loving at the same time, just don’t fall into the Stage Orange traps! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 7/16/2019 at 11:08 PM, kieranperez said:

@Bryanbrax if this is REALLY how you view the entire domain of athletics than that’s really sad. This video is so mayopic. 

You can point to ANY domain in human culture and point out the limitation, the chimpery, etc. This isn’t exclusive to sports. Spiritual people, philosophically minded people, etc. are not immune to this. 

Yes sports can very tribal. So is pretty much any culture. As is the entire human condition. 

I can show you HIGHLY evolved athletes and sport cultures. Professional ones at that. 

Youre pointing at the stage of development of modern mainstream athletics. 

Being an athlete can be tool to inspire yourself and others. It can be one of, if not the highest tool for personal growth and understanding for some. It can be the highest form of self expression for some people. It can be a domain of true genius creativity. It’s a domain where you learn some of the greatest lessons about life. It’s a domain that can teach you great work ethic and build character and self confidence and self esteem. You can build great communities through them. You can connect with the world, and the natural world at that. You can see the grace that comes with being a human being. 

I’m very critical of how deluded the mainstream sports culture is. So don’t misunderstand me here. However, to say sports is some entire low consciousness thing is just bullshit at the end of the day. 

Beautifully said. Nobody can say that "X" is high conscious. "Y" is low conscious. 

Even englithenment can become low conscious, when some people treat like a religion or cult...Sport is not low conscious just because most people who do it, do it low consciously.  Most people who meditate, maybe do it low consciously, people don't call meditation low conscious...Same with sports.

On 10/30/2019 at 1:13 AM, LfcCharlie4 said:

@kieranperez completely agree! 

Seems some people are so anti sports here which doesn’t make sense to me.

I see it as a very viable life purpose even, as like music you can provide entertainment with others, as well as all the benefits you listed, and can express love and joy etc in your performances and even in your practice, I see sport as an amazing art form in a number of ways! 

For example, you can give people joy and entertainment through your career as something like a football player, while being conscious and loving at the same time, just don’t fall into the Stage Orange traps! 

I agree with you. Key is to do it consciously. Be aware of the traps and not fall for it.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport