Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

What's the problem with survival?

19 posts in this topic

Why would someone stop or get in the way of their own survival?

@Pouya There is no problem with survival in itself. There are, however, conscious and unconscious ways to go about it. 

Conscious way = peace and happiness. Unconscious way = suffering.

You can even experience pain in a conscious way and still be at peace. While many involve themselves in egoic gratifications, get their high, and still suffer deeply in a long run.

@Natasha I see that spirituallity gets in the way of my survival priorities. Both my future and spirituallity hurt each other.

I'm planning to give up enligtenment work and self inquiry (which i didnt even do it dicsiplined enough) and I wanna go back to basic mindfulness with vipassana.

Do you have any suggestions?

@Pouya  There are no shoulds and shouldn'ts in this universe, right now I could go and jump off the cliff and terminate my life, but hey, Reality doesn't give two shits about me either being alive or dead! so keep this one in mind that all roads wind up in the same place from the infinite intelligence POV! ( and also this doesn't mean you can't get help from that source in tight life and death situations!! )

sometimes we get in the way of survival needs to take control of them because if the controller slips down from our hands, soon after, it will backfire on us and again our survival will be against our survival, see the irony? but that doesn't mean being involved in the game of survival is a good or bad thing per se, it's our own preference that how we're goin' to play the game.

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Pouya Perhaps that's the direction for you to take right now and to come back to self-inquiry later. There is no right or wrong way, each of our's journeys is as unique as a finger print. Go with what works for you at this stage of life and see where it will take you.

P.S: if you think that doing spiritual practices are somehow hindrance to your survival needs, even reducing the amount of practices isn't that bad for making initial progresses in the material life.

Edited by hamedsf

The only thing spiritual "work" will do is remove the things that never made you happy in the first place.

Nothing against your own survival at all, it will on the contraty enhance it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin What if it removes the things that are very stressed in how my parents and culture force me to do in life?

Yes it never made me happy but I feel disowned by everyone because "x is the way to live life."

2 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@Shin What if it removes the things that are very stressed in how my parents and culture force me to do in life?

Yes it never made me happy but I feel disowned by everyone because "x is the way to live life."

Well unless you live in a country where you could be killed or immediatly get casted out in the street for such things, it's not really a problem.

Even if that was the case, being more conscious would mean you wouldn't do something to endanger yourself needlessly.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin @hamedsf What I fear is that I'm in the point of no-return with spirituality.

No matter what I do to fix my limiting beliefs (good old self improvement) and move towards becomming successful, it hits me like a truck that makes me numb to do these kind of stuff.

The way that I live and probebly live in near future is predetermened by my parents and culture. If I go for what I really want, I would be considered a faliure (classic parenting ;))

Does it matter if they see you as a failure if you are happy ?

God is love

And God in them

@Pouya even increasing your awareness won't be a bad thing to go about your life and make some good changes in your life, sometimes being extra conscious means that you get so selfish and you get so immersed in the following your own goals that it hurts the feeling of your parents and their culture, but you don't give a damn because the passions you want is your own passion ( even the passions that your surroundings would consider it an absolute insanity), the important point is that being spiritual doesn't mean, you always should be selfless, so from now on, bust your self limiting beliefs (with the tool of consciousness)  

@Shin It doesn't, but my whole life and big disicions weren't made by me, it was them, wanting "the best" for me.

Now im stuck between the satisfaction I bring to them as becoming what they want me to be (getting into great universities and studying medical major so I can have a good job :| ) and actually working towards things that I actually care (Truth, becoming consious)

I tell myself I can do both but survival and this doesnt get along with each other.

Just now, Pouya said:

@Shin It doesn't, but my whole life and big disicions weren't made by me, it was them, wanting "the best" for me.

Now im stuck between the satisfaction I bring to them as becoming what they want me to be (getting into great universities and studying medical major so I can have a good job :| ) and actually working towards things that I actually care (Truth, becoming consious)

I tell myself I can do both but survival and this doesnt get along with each other.

Why couldn't you do both ?

You can be conscious and self-inquire no matter what you do, which means all the time.

God is love

And God in them

@hamedsf I suppose I eliminate those beliefs by replacing them with empowering ones but I just cant make up beliefs and believe them. This contemplative mind doesn't want it.

When I got into actualized.org I lost easily 70% of my beliefs. It slayed them in a flash.

41 minutes ago, Pouya said:

It doesn't, but my whole life and big disicions weren't made by me, it was them, wanting "the best" for me.

Hahaha, Sounds so familiar to me :)) I was in the same path when I was in your phase that you are right now.

do you know what makes me regret every time when I look back at the earlier times of my life? listening to my unconscious parents and relatives! I don't wanna say, you should go and wage a war against them or..., No. later on, I thought that I could be manipulative and do my own passions passive aggressively without listening to them. I completely understand you that you're in the phase of prior to entrance exam and everybody can get on your case easily when they think they have no other things to do and getting on your case would be something like the reaction of parents towards mediation: what the heck are you doin' in this important phase of your life? I completely understand your situation because I've been through the same phase as you are.

and one key thing that you should consider: be aware on a second by second basis what decisions you make or what makes you limited and rubs your freedom of your choice so on and so forth

don't contemplate on enlightenment, for now, contemplate on how you're going to roll out your life in the near and far future, focus on your needs, passions, what excites you, what you type of life you want, what standards you want and the list could go on forever...

Edited by hamedsf

@hamedsf Thank you :) I will reduce the enlightenment contemplation and go for a good mindfulness foundation for now..

You're welcome pouya :) wish you the best