Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aeris

What is the point of grammar ?

5 posts in this topic

why even bother giving importance to things that are so ephemeric such as proper grammar.

As long as we push energy through words I don't see the point of blablating on getting a big grammar game, I find that totaly useless, it completely fuck my flow states of when I m putting ideas out.

imagine all those people taking just a second in their awareness to think of rules, it's totaly sick and fucking your brainstorming ideas.

grammar is not only useless, it totaly rape creative thinking, it's a cage for the mind you are not even aware of.

don't even tell me you don't need to think of it, cause you do, 0.1 sec of thinking of it, is already enough to fuck your aiming at building proper ideas.

I always had the best notes for imagination ( in work about writting stories ) in my french class ( I m french ) and teacher HATED on me for my grammar tho.

lesson learn, imagination is better than playing with ephemeric shit rules without point.

yes I could revisite my work for correct things out, but internet for me is just like a river of water, it flows, and for me as long as words are completed and guess-able I don't bother reading, everything is just a flow of energy.

even proper sentence are still bullshit subject to my own interpretation relative to my understanding of each words, so why bother ?

in futur we will talk in smiley, all langage is purely just cloud that we modulate our feeling on, seriously I cannot take things non serious, seriously.

For me it's not about being perfect, it's about being honest, sure I should work on having a better english tho, some people seams bothered by my behavior, so I was thinking of this topic ( surely intended )

so the question.

why bother with grammar ?

Edited by Aeris

Some people cling to standards as if it is law. But standards have their use, they provide an interface for multiple people to collaborate or communicate. In programming grammar is vital. Nobody can interpret you unless they are following the same standards. In programming we follow computer standards. 

Once one learns the standard then can you let loose of many strict rules because people can use the standard itself as a way to fill in the gaps. 

Grammar itself is not the problem. It's being ideological about it and making it a limitation. 

7 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Some people cling to standards as if it is law. But standards have their use, they provide an interface for multiple people to collaborate or communicate. In programming grammar is vital. Nobody can interpret you unless they are following the same standards. In programming we follow computer standards. 

Once one learns the standard then can you let loose of many strict rules because people can use the standard itself as a way to fill in the gaps. 

Grammar itself is not the problem. It's being ideological about it and making it a limitation. 

truth there, but this standards you talk about, I don't trust them to be grounded for a long time ( 10 years at best ), it's all mist.

grammar is of use, when you use it in a dogma of people who value it ( sure )

I believe communication is mainly a delusion tho, we need experience to understand the deeper meaning of each words ( and still ),

we only learn by experience, reading word is the experience of reading words, not having the experience writted there.

for instance, I see the big difference with Quebec(France) vs French, you cannot understand Quebec, it's totaly gibberish, don't use the same words in daily use. ( some we do not even use, they are like dead here ) + their tones + their flow of speaking, We almost cannot communicate.

this is something I got aware of.

they speak the same tongue ( we admit ), French cannot understand real quebec french, we are not on their standards of speaking. ( even with the same tongue )

Edited by Aeris

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

why bother with grammar ?

Syntax have does who when order understand and so who? Grammar.

Edited by LastThursday
Grammar.

All stories and explanations are false.

Just to clarify and not make people more lost than they already are...

Grammar is necessary. Without english grammar, for instance, the english language would have dissolved long ago. This (global) forum wouldn't be possible. Worldwide research wouldn't be possible. Travelling around the world would be almost impossible.

Don't be lazy. Learn proper grammar and stay updated.

unborn Truth