Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arcangelo

Is atheism necessary in the path of spirituality?

8 posts in this topic

I was thinking about making this thread, and typed in the search box the word: atheism. One of Leo's recent posts came up and i decided to click on it:

''True atheism leads to God.

Atheism and theism go full-circle and the entire circle is God.''  -Leo Gura

This happened to me before my awakening experience. At 32 yo I became an atheist. At 38 yo i had the realization while meditating that nothing is everything and everything is nothing. So If i say:

''God doesn't exist.'' (like all atheists do)

I am also saying:

''God is nothing''

Which means that i am also saying:

''God is everything''

At this point i am like: -''Oh shit God does exist!''

I am about to get dark so you might just stop reading now and just answer the poll.

Right now there is a little girl being raped in some part of the world.

The way theists see it: 

There is a god who is watching this, but can not interfere with the freewill of the rapist. Even though he loves the rapist and the little girl, and even though he is all powerful. Girl goes to heaven, rapist goes to hell and burn forever IF he doesn't repent. And there is an even more twisted scenario where the rapist goes to heaven and the little girl goes to hell.

This point of view made no sense to me, so decided to drop it and become an atheist.

The way I see it now:

Long story short: God is raping himself.

''For a Christian, the final obstacle will be to throw away her notion of God and Christ -- to finally realize the actual God. Only after this final step will you become a true Christian in the way Jesus wanted.''  -Leo Gura

Translation: For a Christian, the final obstacle will be to become an atheist -- to finally realize the actual God. Only after this final step will you become a true Christian in the way Jesus wanted.

Right?

@Arcangelo If you are self realized why bother what jesus said buddha said ? what it has to do with christian,muslim,man,woman?

Throw away all what you read heard.

Hell heaven are just stories.

Everything is happening its happening.

You as self - nothingness is just one aspect of the Infinite.

You as a human or form dont have any control over whats happening.You dont have creation powers.

Enlightenment doesnt give any answers about Creation,Why evil nature is created and infinite questions mind will keep poping up.

Enlightenment is supposed to bring the wisdom that all questions are futile.

All knowledge is ignorance and will not bring peace.

Try to go to samadhi as often.

Abide as self and be at peace.

Live as a liberated uncared soul free from every emotions,suffering.

Peace,Equanimity at all situations is that what matters.

This is my understanding so for.

-  I am not realized.

5 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Arcangelo

-  I am not realized.

How many times will you repeat this mantra? ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Disclaimer ??? the reply shouldnt give the reader the impression I am talking from my own experience ??? ???

5 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Preetom Disclaimer ??? the reply shouldnt give the reader the impression I am talking from my own experience ??? ???

thats all well and good but you know way too much already to play this game of false humility.

You know what you are not. And in knowing precisely that, you know that you are, the unconditional okayness. Its available right now, you know it. Instead of attending to things, just relax and fall back into yourself. Then tell me if there is anything left to know or anyone left to realize.

And all the talks and arguments, they are never from one's experience; even if it is said by the buddhas. They are all conceptualizations.

In one's experience of oneself; which is really the only experience there is, there is no other experience or teaching to talk about.

??

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

44 minutes ago, Jkris said:

If you are self realized why bother what jesus said buddha said ?

No i never said i was self realized (whatever that is)

I am not enlightened and honestly i am not sure if i ever wanna be, even though it is inevitable as some people say.

I had an awakening experience, which is different from being enlightened or self realized.

Honestly today i was bothered about what jesus said buddha said because i didn't take my medicine. When i am on my medicine IDGAF.

I don't even post that much as you can see.

Peace.

I like Sadhguru's take on this topic. He says both theists and atheists make claims about things they don't know about. Once you investigate reality and know (rather than just believe or theorize about) the true essence of reality for yourself, then the question of "atheist vs theist?" becomes meaningless. 

Edited by Apparation of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon