Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Enlightenment

I love my daily blackouts

7 posts in this topic

Leaving aside whether unconsciousness is an illusion or not, falling asleep is simply the favorite part of my day. In a sense, I wish death is just eternal unconsciousness, lack of experience, oblivion. I don't know what there is to fear, no pain, no itching, no worry about survival.

What do you guys think? Do you like this part of the day?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

1 hour ago, Enlightenment said:

Leaving aside whether unconsciousness is an illusion or not, falling asleep is simply the favorite part of my day. In a sense, I wish death is just eternal unconsciousness, lack of experience, oblivion. I don't know what there is to fear, no pain, no itching, no worry about survival.

Yes, complete absence of experience is what I want. I'd love for all of it to just come to an end.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

There is, bhikkus, that dimension where there is neither earth nor water, nor fire nor wind, nor dimension of the infinitude of space, nor dimension of the infinitude of consciousness, nor dimension of nothingness, nor dimension of neither perception nor non-perception, nor this world, nor the next world, nor sun, nor moon. And there, I say, there is neither coming, nor going, nor stasis, nor passing away, nor arising: without stance, without foundation, without support. This, just this, is the end of suffering.

18 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

Yes. but all parts (of the day) are equal, unless we think otherwise xD

3 hours ago, Maya_0 said:

nor dimension of the infinitude of space, nor dimension of the infinitude of consciousness, nor dimension of nothingness, nor dimension of neither perception nor non-perception

The Cessation of Perception and Feeling (Nirodha Samapatti), also called 9th jhana, beautiful

@DrewNows What do you mean are equal?  

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment the ever-present stillness/peace IS present in any state or experience but if you are searching it will feel lost

Edited by DrewNows

I very much enjoy my waking life but also love my sleep :) In my opinion, I think death is very much like an eternal sleep, with an unlocked consciousness. Our un tapped senses are opened up allowing us to dream so vividly that they become reality.