Pure Imagination

Spiritual Doubt

43 posts in this topic

@Preetom does Adyashanti really talk about the ego being enlightened? I read one of his books but i didn't remember noticing that and it was a while ago.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Preetom does Adyashanti really talk about the ego being enlightened? I read one of his books but i didn't remember noticing that and it was a while ago.

There is a book called ''the end of your life" and also his free book the way of liberation where he talks about this stuff.

From his own journey and from many of his students, he points out how one can have a sort of deep breakthrough and then how the ego can return through the backdoor and distort that entire thing for its own self agenda. How all of a sudden this ego can create an inflated god self image and think how it is above morality, ethics and nuance. Like a fish deluding itself by thinking how it is above the entire hydrodybamics of the ocean all of a sudden.

Again, this ego fails to see the next step which is Nidhidhyasana(constant absorption) and instead nests itself in between a mixture of nondual theory and its own pet theories to remain there for life as a zen devil.

He calls it a volatile complex between the real(consciousness) and unreal(egoic patterns) which is so twisted and dangerous.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 hours ago, Shiva said:

Then don't do it!

To me spirituality is the cherry on the cake I call my life.

It can only reach perfection with spirituality. But without the cherry, it's still a really tasty cake.

The problem with spirituality is that it is a really loooong-term project. Most people don't become enlightened in one lifetime.

So, in order not to get too frustrated by this, I try to make sure that everything else is going well by also doing basic self-help (health, fitness, career, relationships, skills, life purpose, etc.).

This is great!

Until one sees there is no cake OR 

One cant make a cake AND eat it ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''