Cody_Atzori

Doing a retreat at home

4 posts in this topic

I'm 15 and I've been trying to do self-actualization work for a long time now and Iv'e failed and kept falling back into my toxic ways over and over again to the point where I'm becoming a little depressed. I lack motivation. I thought maybe its best to focus on my vision rather than the results, try and connect with my authentic self. I thought a retreat would be nice, but I can't really go out on my own because i'm so young. This is the best time to do it for me because school is over so I have time to self-reflect. How can I set up a retreat at home so my family won't get worried, and so I can connect with my higher self? What questions should I ask and how long should I contemplate it for?

@Cody_Atzori Doing a retreat at home is mentally very demanding and most likely doomed to fail hence it is too easy to just fall back in your old habits. What can also serve as a kind of retreat is going into nature by yourself and camp there for a couple days, which is quiet inexpensive. 

@Cody_Atzori In my experience, retreat at home is not as effective as elsewhere, especially if people are around, but it's still awesome.

First off, try to explain to your family that you want some time for yourself for a day (couple of days).

Secondly, make a plan. Write it down. Write down exactly the times and techniques you will be doing. Make sure you are precise, this will help with going along with it.

Like this:

• 6-6.30 wake up, brushing teeth, shower
  • 6.30-7.30 do nothing meditation
  • 7.30-8 breakfast
  • 8-8.30 do nothing meditation
  • 8.30-9 walking meditation + contemplating 'What is vision?'
  • 18-19 time for family
  • 19-20 do nothing meditation
  • 20 sleep

Good luck :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@Cody_Atzori  Did you already watch Leo's vieo about the pre mortem technique? It may help you to not quit your retreat. 

And if you want, you can give your smartphone to your parents to hide it ;)

Does your family know that you are into self actualization work? Maybe you can tell them that you want to contemplate your future and improving your life, and for this you wan to be alone for a few days and without any distractions.