Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WHO IS

"Insightful" lore insights from the Role Playing Video Game - The Elder Scrolls

6 posts in this topic

Very Interesting information about the phenomenon called as Amaranth in the popular RPG Video Game series The Elder Scrolls. (The blog text is not mine) :

The very word is unknown to most TES players, but Amaranth is the most important thing in TES lore. In this blog I will elaborate on it.

What is Amaranth?

Amaranth is the step after CHIM, CHIM being the state of being that allows for total manipulation of the current universe, but not the creation of a new one. CHIM is achieved by realizing you are part of a dream of a schiznophrenic, and therefore realizing you do not exist, yet still retaining the ability to say 'I am'. Without retaining that ability, you Zero-Sum. Zero-Sum is the act of stopping yourself from existing, literally realizing yourself out of existing. It makes no sense, and it shouldn't.

Back to Amaranth. It is one step after CHIM. It is the act...

Of Escaping the Dream of the Godhead.

The Godhead is the schiznophrenic dreamer. Amaranth is when you 'mantle' him, waking them up and starting a new dream.

According to MK : 

"To the close dreamers, don't forget the Amaranth. There *is* one step beyond CHIM, but you're right in that it is not godhood. It's the flowering of a statehood where the images you give birth to in your dream-- stolen (?) from first dreamer-- wakes up. Wails knowing free will. And begins to dream in the same way. Children of liberty without end, and then the music lives forever as a pirate radio tuned against the rules of Heaven and the vulgarities of Hell."

How do You Achieve it?

Nobody knows.

All that we know is that you must first achieve CHIM.

Who -or What- Achieved it?

But still, nobody knows who or what achieved the ultimate state of escaping the Dream and becoming the New Dreamer.

Source: The Loveletter From the Fifth Era

"'I AM.

A whole World of You.

God.

God outside of all else but his own free consciousness, hallucinating for eternity and falling into love: I AM AND I ARE ALL WE.

The New Man becomes God becomes Amaranth, everlasting hypnogogic. Hallucinations become lucid under His eye and therefore, like all parents of their children, the Amaranth cherishes and adores all that is come from Him.

I ARE ALL WE.

God is Love.

COME TO THE HOUSE OF WE.

God is Love.

ONE WORLD IN SPIRIT I AM.

God is Love."'

"CHIM is the realization that you exist as a figment of the dream and that you don't exist (-1) and that you do exist (1) and this Zero-Sums you and you no longer exist (1-1=0). When you contain Love for self you realize that while you don't exist you still do adding another 1 to the equation and you then obtain a state of awareness over the dream. This allows you to use your Love to alter the dream. Talos CHIMed the jungle away for all time, past, present, and future. This is why it existed and also never existed. Vivec probably used it to rewrite zis history, changing zim from a poor nobody to the god ze became."

Amaranth is the step after CHIM as you move beyond realization of the dream and begin to a new dream.

The 'New Man' refers to mortals or Talos. Which, I don't really know. 'God' means 'CHIM'. 

'I ARE ALL WE' refers to the fact all things within the dream are one with the Godhead.

'COME TO THE HOUSE OF WE' means something along the lines of 'Achieve CHIM and Realize'.

'ONE WORLD IN SPIRIT I AM' refers to the fact all are one.

'God is Love' is a hint of sorts. Tiber Septim gained CHIM through Love, perhaps that is how one gains Amaranth?

Edited by WHO IS

"The Godhead is the paranoid dreamer who exists only to dream, responsible for dreaming up the entire universe.

The way to become the godhead is to become the Amaranth, the final step of CHIM. How to do this is currently unknown. All we know is Anu was the first, and is most likely still the Godhead."

Very interesting... What if the one who will gain Amaranth, all of the reality will cease to exist and this Amaranth now will become the Godhead to decide how will the next reality be. 

What if the end of the world is when one of the sleepers becomes lucid/CHIM and then attains Godhood/Amaranth, this way dethroning the one who was before Him/her. This One becomes the new Godhood/Amaranth deciding the new reality/creation.

Maybe reality is Game of Thrones afterall, no pun intended?

Edited by WHO IS

Imagine you're lying down on your couch taking a nap. You're having a long and vivid dream about a vast universe filled with strange creatures. You've dreamed the entirety of countless generations and aweinspiring events, yet you have no control over what actually happens within the dream. Then suddenly a seemingly insignificant character within your dream looks directly at you and says "I know this is all your dream. I know I am not real. Now I am as real as you." I don't know about you, but that would put a quick end to my dream.

" Good author's metaphor for " be inspired by this universe I've created, to go and create your own." "

Edited by WHO IS

Pretty accurate stuff.

Of course TES metaphysics was taken from Hindu philosophy, which tends to be quite truthful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Haven’t got the chance to read this thread yet but gonna send a dude over when he’s online @jbram2002