Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moon777light

Pursuing enlightenment= survival mechanism?

5 posts in this topic

I feel like most of us here want enlightenment because subconsciously we want to attain that bliss/peace/no suffering/answers about what reality is, and so when we would attain that we would be so wise and knowledgable and above others, thus being higher on the social scale, which equals better survival. Peace and no suffering is directly correlated with survival, so how to escape these loop? How to know when your seeking enlightenment from a pure heart? Because when you seek enlightenment for the first time, you 100% dont have a pure heart, so how can you get an experience of enlightenment/awakening in a place of selfish reasons? I dont consciously think this, but i know my subconscious mind is. 

@moon777light as soon as you "know" anything your ego is going to try and corrupt it.  When i started the path it was out of open minded curiosity and nothing more.. 

But as soon as you begin to "think" about Enlightenment your ego is going to judge, twist it into its own identity, etc 

That is precisely why Being just IS itself.  There is no thought or duality.  All form and duality collapse, including this post.  There is just pure isness.

So when you meditate just quiet the monkey mind.  It doesn't matter what you think about enlightenment - it isn't IT.  And it doesn't matter anyway once you get there.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@moon777light The one that tries to survive is the ego/the illusion. The spiritual ego, of course, would TRY to use enlightenment to survive. That's what religious people do.

Enlightenment is opposite to survival. You realize there is no one there to even need to survive. Awakened people integrate the ego and use it as a tool without having to identify with it.

@Inliytened1 like, how can one use symbols and metaphor for understanding the direct Truth? Unthinkable. :P