capriciousduck

Negative and explicit songs

4 posts in this topic

Do listening to negative and explicit songs affect the subconscious mind?

Depends on who you are and your mentality. I listen to death metal every day and I love heavy music more than anything. I'm also a pretty friendly person and I really don't think listening to brutal slams all day will somehow make me a serial killer.

If you're easily influenced and weak minded, perhaps I can see how maybe listening to music that promotes drug use or violence could have a negative effect, but quite frankly at that point you're the one with the problem, the music itself is neutral. 

Music is an expression, nothing more, nothing less. What you take from it is ultimately your issue.

5 hours ago, ThermalTide said:

If you're easily influenced and weak minded, perhaps I can see how maybe listening to music that promotes drug use or violence could have a negative effect, but quite frankly at that point you're the one with the problem, the music itself is neutral. 

I agree that lyrics about bad behaviour won't make you behave badly, just like video games won't make you shoot people.

However, the question was about it affecting the subconscious mind.

And yes, it definitely does. And it helps to be aware of it, and use it to your advantage.

Angry metal helps me process past emotions. and it helps me do things I don't like. I always wash the dishes with angry music, it helps me push through. It also helps to access past memories, of situations that have emotional baggage attached to them. You will remember better, and be in a state to work through it.

The flipside is that if you make a habit of listening to music with an angry vibe, you will start having that angry energy in most of your life situations, and it can affect how you handle things.

Getting in touch with negative emotion can be healing as well as help you accomplish things. But too much of it and you will just be a very angry person.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I don't know I only use to listen music mostly without lyrics or just angry sample. ( Mostly angry current dubstep noise )

When I was listening metal as a teenager I didn't understand a word in rap or others genre. 

To answer I think everything you do is written somewhere in your mind' you just can't Access it.

People who use to sing along a rap lyrics though totaly mindfuck themself.