still_no_satori

Would you take this synchronistic moment as a sign? (GOD related)

7 posts in this topic

I encountered a strange occurrence last night. Is it a coincidence? Does such a thing exist as coincidence? Is it a sign? It made me laugh if that means anything.

I was reading a book about God from Leo's new booklist update (its the first in a trilogy, you know if you have the list). I was only about 30 pages in but I was immediately engrossed BIGTIME. Unfortunately I had to go to work so put the book aside and headed to the shower. In the shower before heading off I was thinking to my agnostic self, 'Wouldn't it be awesome if what is in this book is true! I would fricking love it! Imagine if it were true that I actually WAS God, how much more creative I could be!' (For those that don't know the book, if you know Leo's thoughts on what God is and what we are as a result, then the book is right along the same lines).

As I emerged from the shower my father shouted out from his room, "Can you give me a hand with something?' I said "not right now Dad!" I only had a towel on afterall.

But for some reason I knew I had to go in and help him right away with whatever it was, so I quickly popped on some shorts and a t-shirt and marched on in. He was looking at some American coins. He doesn't collect coins and we live in England so that was pretty weird. He said, "Can you read what it says on this coin for me? Does the writing say which President this is?" It had a President's head on it and writing underneath. I read the inscription for him. It was tiny writing so I had to really squint to make it out.

I said "Nah Dad, all it says is, IN GOD WE TRUST". "In God we trust?" he said. "Yeah, in God we trust" I said.

I didn't really realise what I had read out to him until a few seconds later as I went back into my room and I was like 'Woah, GOD DAMN!' LOL. I felt a bit euphoric to be honest as it was so synchronistic.

Should I take this as a sign?

Would you?

P.S -  A bit of personal context. I am relatively new to all this stuff (months, not years) and from a completely non-religious background. I used to be an atheist but around a year ago I started opening my mind to things a lot and became more agnostic. At the moment 'logically' I have to be on the fence but I do have an intuition that the things Leo teaches on these matters are true. I have been taking lots of action and have a Vipassana retreat in 5 days time.

Edited by still_no_satori

It could be God related, or it could be confirmation bias. Maybe confirmation bias is God just having fun. xD

Who knows, who cares, you decide your truth :)

Which book were you reading? I don't have the list but maybe you could just make an exception and name the title of this book.

Edited by Billy Shears

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

@still_no_satori Neat "coincidence"! Maybe it's a sign or something like it, that tries to lead you to the path of truth. From my own experience, I too had a couple of strange "coincidences" happen to me in my daily life, that led me to believe that maybe I was looked after by some...thing/being or whatever else there may be. I try to not interpret too much into it, fearing that I would be deluding myself, but whoknows.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

On 6/1/2019 at 4:14 AM, still_no_satori said:

Should I take this as a sign?

For sure. Things are not as they appear, and there is no such thing as a coincidence, sans thinking. Trust your Good feeling intuition. The heart knows the story nature. The materialist agnostic thought based perspective knows a “coincidence” of “odds & physicality”, but truly thought knows only nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, iTommy said:

Neat "coincidence"! 

Haha nice!

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The heart knows the story nature.

What does this mean?

Btw for anyone that has the book, have a look at the last page of chapter 1. I read that the next day after I posted and it was very serendipitous in regards to my original post!

20 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

Which book were you reading? I don't have the list but maybe you could just make an exception and name the title of this book.

Just buy the book list, its pretty cheap and you wont regret it, do it! 

@still_no_satori It doesn’t mean anything. What meaning could there be for Love? What use would Love have for meaning? It’s already Love. 

Applying meaning to Love, is like starting a ticking timebomb. The “meaning” would always implode.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE