Hugo Oliveira

Spiritual insights V.S. Neurotic mind

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys!
Just returned a few days ago from a solo 5 days retreat. 

I did a lot of meditation + kundalini and kriya yoga practices combined with fruits diet and 2 days fasting.

AAaaaaaannd..... as soon as I returned I perceived consistent results in my spirituality. I'm amazed because these are the first results I could really see without using psychedelics (YEEAH IT'S POSSIBLE!! <3).

Among these effects, yesterday while I was driving, I had a strong feeling of love and connection with existence combined with synchronicities and insights. But along this experience, I perceive myself feeling some discomfort and fear. It's like if I was alternating between this connection with the divine and total ignorance about life and existence and feeling lost.  Then my mind comes in, and I had some conflicting and neurotic thoughts.
For example, I was listening to a song and the singer said something deeply aligned with what I was thinking. But after that, my mind started to consider in a paranoid way, all the songs as if they are communicating personally with me.

So I'd like to ask you: How can I avoid to be trapped in this kind of paranoia? How can I better differentiate true insights from crazy thinking? And how people like Leo can do such intense psychedelic trips and be safe against confusion in these "places" where reality is being so deeply questioned?

Much love for all of you! 

I know I'm being a bit egoistic for put this topic on top again. Would really like to know your thoughts about it. 
Now I'll be very egoistic and tag @Leo Gura. Hope it doesn't border you too much. 

Thanks a lot.

That's a great question! But you already know the answer

On 27/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, Hugo Oliveira said:

I was listening to a song and the singer said something deeply aligned with what I was thinking

my mind started to consider in a paranoid way, all the songs as if they are communicating personally with me.

You know already know how different a true insight feels from a neurotic insight. I think the reason why Leo is safe from this "place"  where reality is deeply question, is only because those questions doesn't come from a neurotic perspective. Reality as it is, is not neurotic. If you see things as they are you wouldn't find a single thread of neurotiscm. 

How can I avoid to be trapped in this kind of paranoia?

Take it easy, find the root of your neurosis. Heal from within and walla! the issue just becomes non-issue.

Hope it helps! Sorry for bad english! 

On 27/05/2019 at 9:39 AM, Hugo Oliveira said:

Hey guys!
Just returned a few days ago from a solo 5 days retreat. 

I did a lot of meditation + kundalini and kriya yoga practices combined with fruits diet and 2 days fasting.

AAaaaaaannd..... as soon as I returned I perceived consistent results in my spirituality. I'm amazed because these are the first results I could really see without using psychedelics (YEEAH IT'S POSSIBLE!! <3).

Among these effects, yesterday while I was driving, I had a strong feeling of love and connection with existence combined with synchronicities and insights. But along this experience, I perceive myself feeling some discomfort and fear. It's like if I was alternating between this connection with the divine and total ignorance about life and existence and feeling lost.  Then my mind comes in, and I had some conflicting and neurotic thoughts.
For example, I was listening to a song and the singer said something deeply aligned with what I was thinking. But after that, my mind started to consider in a paranoid way, all the songs as if they are communicating personally with me.

So I'd like to ask you: How can I avoid to be trapped in this kind of paranoia? How can I better differentiate true insights from crazy thinking? And how people like Leo can do such intense psychedelic trips and be safe against confusion in these "places" where reality is being so deeply questioned?

Much love for all of you! 

fala cara blz?,entao esse tipo de paranoia na verdade foi crescendo em mim e ficou tão intenso que eu fui hospitalizado a força em um hospital psiquiatrico 

o que eu tenho pra dizer depois dessas experiencias é que psicodelicos sao pura força bruta na sua mente,vc tem que ter uma intençao muito bem planejada quando for fazer uma experiencia dessas com qualquer substancia que seja,e que a esfera das dimensões espirituais ou mentais superiores devem ser trabalhadas com uma mentalidade bastante aberta,ou seja caso vc veja um fantasma ou tenha um insight profundamente paranioco onde duas realidades coincidem uma com a outra (por exemplo vc pensa em algo e a tv esta ligada e dai o jornalista fala um complemento daquele mesmo assunto) apenas releve a situação numa boa,ria,e siga feliz,mesmo porque nessa jornada de auto conhecimento e meditaçao e psicodelicos vai ter que enfrentar muita coisa que vai ser bastante desafiadora pro seu estado emocional do dia a dia 

On 5/27/2019 at 8:39 AM, Hugo Oliveira said:

Feelings are just feelings, dont lable them, just feel and accept it. There is no such a crazy thinking or good thinking. It is just a feeling. Labeling comes from ego self. Feeling is just a feeling. You are one it all, and all is you. Additionally, in intense trip, only thing that you realize that you are everything and nothing is inside of the body. So reality is you :)

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."