capriciousduck

The point of life

14 posts in this topic

In the video "The point of Life", Leo said that we are the ones who created our own life and we, unfortunately, do not remember it. So, my doubt is that the entire suffering, happiness e.t.c we experience in life is pre-destined or can we "completely" change how we experience?  Was the ultimate planning of our existence here is pre-destined?

Sorry if I seem to be meticulous...

@capriciousduck This should be posted in the "Self-Actualization" part of the forums.

I'm not exactly sure what your question is here but I think there's a misunderstanding of what he was talking about in the video?

From what I know, Leo means that we as God, created the human version of ourselves. We're the ones who put us here on earth. And what he means by not remembering it, is that as a human, we don't remember that our true identity is God.

And no I don't remember him saying anything about our lives being pre-destined. God doesn't know itself, so it created us humans to be able to fully understand and experience itself. Humans are here for God to experience itself at an even deeper level. Everything new that is learned, everything new that is created, every new baby that is created, are all new experiences for God.

So since everything new that is created, is a new experience for God, our lives aren't pre-destined because God hasn't experienced it yet. So it wants to experience your life, and my life, and the tree's life, and the cat's life, and the dog's life, and so on.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@Dylan Page Honesty I tried to simplify it as much as I could. Have you watched the video yet? In the title of the Youtube video it says that its an "Advanced, Life-Changing Explanation." So if this isn't making sense right now then you might want to watch Leo's previous videos first if you haven't already.

It's sort of like watching ahead of a TV-Series. If you skip to season 8 when you haven't watched season 1 yet then the whole entire story won't make any sense.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I've watched about half of Leo's videos, I think almost all of the ones on figuring out reality. I'm willing to watch them again but the claims being made here seem just really speculative. I probably should review what Leo is saying but there are some things in his videos that seems to be a bit of a jump. @7thLetter

In his recent the point of life video, which I analyzed almost word for word, there were a lot of things that really need further explanation. A lot of it made sense, but there were some parts, like where he called the universe a mind, that need some, at a minimum, elaboration. @7thLetter

@Dylan Page Start from the very beginning if you need to.

He has mentioned that nothing he says is the absolute truth. But what he talks about can be experienced for yourself. So its all about taking what he says, and experiencing it for yourself so you can validate it from your own direct experience.

It's not just a speculation. He talks about them because he shows that he's done a ton of research on these topics, and most importantly he goes and experiences it for himself.

6 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

A lot of it made sense, but there were some parts, like where he called the universe a mind, that need some, at a minimum, elaboration. @7thLetter

He mentions, the universe is "like a mind." Meaning that he's comparing the universe to a human mind, which dreams everything up.

like a mind, similar to a mind, it's basically a mind, or an experience, or a subject, or consciousness, it still doesn't remove the fact that it needs more elaboration. 

Also, I have wondered whether it's even possible for anything to ever "experience" reality for how it is, or whether experience is even a valid method of finding truth. Yes, I know science, religion, and every other way of trying to find truth is done within consciousness, but that doesn't mean that consciousness is somehow the gateway to truth. He always talks about having a "wow" epiphany moment but I don't see how emotions have anything to do with truth either. At the end of his point of life video he said that how you felt in your heart in response to his video is a sign that it is true, which is just not true at all, there are plenty of examples of people who feel insane amounts of love and connection with the biblical god, but that doesn't mean they are right. I just wish I could have a conversation with Leo because there are so many things either A) im not getting B) he isn't elaborating enough on or C) He's wrong.  @7thLetter

Edited by Dylan Page

3 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

like a mind, similar to a mind, it's basically a mind, or an experience, or a subject, or consciousness, it still doesn't remove the fact that it needs more elaboration.

@Dylan Page Similar to a mind. He's just comparing the universe to a human mind, because the human mind is so complex, and so complicated to understand. Same with life and everything around us. Everything is so complex and so complicated for us to understand. And the universe is like a mind because all the human mind does is create it's own reality. And the human mind has the ability to dream, and to create its own dreams. So he says the Universe is just a bigger version of a human mind! It's just one giant mind dreaming everything up. From your car, to your house, to the billions of people on earth, to the mountains, all the water, all the planets, all the stars, all the galaxies and so on. It's all just one dream. God created it.

19 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

Also, I have wondered whether it's even possible for anything to ever "experience" reality for how it is, or whether experience is even a valid method of finding truth. Yes, I know science, religion, and every other way of trying to find truth is done within consciousness, but that doesn't mean that consciousness is somehow the gateway to truth. He always talks about having a "wow" epiphany moment but I don't see how emotions have anything to do with truth either. At the end of his point of life video he said that how you felt in your heart in response to his video is a sign that it is true, which is just not true at all, there are plenty of examples of people who feel insane amounts of love and connection with the biblical god, but that doesn't mean they are right.

I'm having difficulty answering this 2nd paragraph here but there's a difference between truth and the absolute truth. He mentions that he believes in no "absolute truth." Experience is all we have so go experience it for yourself. If you can experience it then that's enough to validate that it "works", or "he's right" however you want to put it. BUT, that doesn't mean that the experience is the one and only "absolute truth", that everything else is wrong. But maybe its more of a part of the bigger whole.

27 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

I just wish I could have a conversation with Leo because there are so many things either A) im not getting B) he isn't elaborating enough on or C) He's wrong.

He's pretty accessible on these forums. You can create a thread asking him some questions or message him. I'm sure he'll respond.

or D.) These topics are too advanced for you and it would be a good idea to start from the beginning. You don't just jump all the way to Grade 7 math all of a sudden when you haven't even done Grade 1 math yet. Grade 7 won't make any sense.

@7thLetter and I’d have to write a book to him to ask everything I want to so I’m just going to watch all of his stuff again and log all of my questions. If they are answered during the journey, I’ll write down the answer. If not, I’ll ask Leo. 

4 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

@7thLetter that fits into the category of “I’m not getting it” which was A) 

My bad, I had a feeling you would've responded about that. I was just trying to make a helpful suggestion.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

@7thLetter and I’d have to write a book to him to ask everything I want to so I’m just going to watch all of his stuff again and log all of my questions. If they are answered during the journey, I’ll write down the answer. If not, I’ll ask Leo. 

Yeah that's what the journey is all about. There's a lot that needs understanding here. Make as many notes as you want, and deliberately study and actually practice what he's teaching. It won't all come easy, the one who puts in the work will get the benefits.

There is no free will however you still always have the ability to be the master and creator of your life. To be 100% responsible for your life is within no free will