Zane

AMAZING PROGRESS!!

4 posts in this topic

It's been two years since i've graduated college and my career has been one hell of an adventure and truly a vision quest of self-discovery. My career started with a burst of motivation when i initially planned on moving to Las Vegas to become an English teacher. I got the offer a few weeks later after graduating college so it was perfect timing. However, i flunked the Math PRAXIS twice, and had to scrap my plans. Then, it took me three months during the summer to get a Reading Tutor job in Minneapolis. I worked at the job for only a couple months and it fell through. My third job hunt was the longest!! It took 9 months of an endless cycle of interviews and rejections. It was emotionally challenging but i buckled down. Eventually, i finally earned an offer with my current job!! I've been there for close to a year and it's one of the BEST work experiences i've had. The company was deeply aligned with my values of creativity, imagination, and creating enriching guest experiences, and i had strong and solid work relationships. 7 months into the job, i won Employee of the Month for my stellar performance and focus on going the extra mile and treating it as a landmark. Now, things are about to get MUCH BETTER!!! Last Spring, i came across a company that made me shout "EUREKA!!! I MUST APPLY!!" It embodied EVERYTHING I value and love and the job embodied all my skills, personality, and passion. However, i procrastinated, and then when i finally did apply, it was filled up!! I regretted the decision but i knew that in several months, the job would re-open. I would have my revenge and not fail!! I spent months persistently emailing the owner to schedule a meeting and i finally made a connection, through a networking app, who worked at the company and knew the owner.. In January, when the job was posted on the Arts/Theater job board, I instantly applied, and got an interview offer a week later. Before the interview, i felt a rush of emotions. I felt "I NEED TO MAKE THIS MY GREATEST INTERVIEW!!!!!! IT'S MY DREAM JOB!!!!!!!!!!!" I focused on dazzling the owner/interviewer with my energy and passion and it instantly got his attention and he hired me on the spot. 

Now it's 2 weeks until Orientation and i focused on taking advance action to create future opportunities. I saw an urgent email about more opportunities to make money including summer birthday parties and artist residences and i instantly jumped on board and a couple days later, i got my first birthday gig booked. To make matters better, Orientation is the next day.  I'll be making $203 in a single weekend from the party and orientation. 

Pursuing my dream job and taking advantage of opportunity to expand it from part-time to full-time is one of my proudest life decisions. I'm proud that i'm focused on aligning career with passion so early on in my life. I'm proud that i followed my instincts and pounced on the opportunity before waiting too long. I'm proud that i jumped on the side gigs ASAP and was open to the idea of working full-time. I truly treated this opportunity like it was one of those rare gems that i must do. I felt that do or die killer instinct and i acted on it. The rewards could be vast!! This could be my career!! It's a peak experience!! The moment i realized my dreams and felt "I must do it!!" I'm turning my dream into reality and embodying my true purpose. 

Great news!! 

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Arts / Theatre jobs are competitive. Congrats!